LBZ: Fuel rail pressure low??

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
I have a lbz w a edge juice w attitude and when you get it in overdrive and lug it to where it's smokes a lot it throws a code and says fuel rail pressure low. I'm bout to et efi live from duramax tuner w there race tune. Do I need to upgrade my cp3 or what. Any help is appreciated and I know this is in the wrong section. I'm new to the forum thanks

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
I have a lbz w a edge juice w attitude and when you get it in overdrive and lug it to where it's smokes a lot it throws a code and says fuel rail pressure low. I'm bout to et efi live from duramax tuner w there race tune. Do I need to upgrade my cp3 or what. Any help is appreciated and I know this is in the wrong section. I'm new to the forum thanks

If you dont already have a lift pump id start there.

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
I was lookin at a PPE lift pump and adding a filter and water separator to it. Would that wrk

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
fill out your sig that will help .

The lift pump is a must but there are other things to look into . Like your return rate of your injectors and your fprv may be returning fuel straight from your rail to the tank . I would put the pump on first though .

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
So get an air dog or fass. What about raptor lift pumps. And can anyone tell me how I get to the sig? Tryin to fill it out

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Click user cp at top left, when the page changes look for edit signature down the left side. Fill it out at save.

Also, I think raptor is just a cheaper air dog only without the filters, not 100% sure tho.

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Cool. Thanks for your help and I seen where someone on here did a DIY raptor and added filters to it. I liked it cause they used napa filters. You think that would wrk just as good as an air dog

WisconsinMax

Apr 29, 2012
SW WI
First thing I would do is ditch the Edge and get EFI Live. The Juice is junk IMO. You shouldn't be draining rails while feathering the throttle.

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Yea I changed it not to long ago. But it's always done it since I got the edge. It's not when u feather the throttle it's Luke if ur racing and lay into it u only have about a quarter mile or so of 100% pressure then it throws a code that says low fuel rail pressure and stops dumpin out smoke.