LB7: fuel in oil again...

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
about 2?? weeks ago i noticed i had some fuel in my oil, checked balance rates. 6 and 8 were pretty bad so i just went ahead and replaced that whole bank. 4 new injectors, return line bolts, banjo seals for the return lines. got it back together and ran fine.

today i checked the oil and again more fuel, no a ton but i could smell it. the balance rates all look good, 3 was the worst at 2- 2.2 in neutral. no signs of leaks at the high pressure lines on the valve cover either. any ideas on how to diagnose this without actually running it without the valve covers and possibly ramping up the fuel psi?

ive got the rest of the week off and i would really like to get this fixed.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
well if one bank was bad chances are the other is bad if they all have the same mileage

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
well if one bank was bad chances are the other is bad if they all have the same mileage

not necesarrily, one of the biggest leaking spots is the return lines. either the washers(since they were just changed) or i have heard of the lines cracking and leaking. may not have got one sealed completly?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
not necesarrily, one of the biggest leaking spots is the return lines. either the washers(since they were just changed) or i have heard of the lines cracking and leaking. may not have got one sealed completly?

X2

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
im really not sure what to think at this point, i changed the oil and poured all the oil back into the gallon jugs so i could get an idea how much oil/fuel i actually had. i topped off two rotella jugs and there was some from the filter change in the other pan.

so maybe i didnt even gain any oil it was just some fuel left in the case from when the injectors went two weeks ago. either way im going to keep a close eye on the oil level and see what happens.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008

Yeah but he said 3 had the worst rate and thats the other bank... But yes I have seen those lines crack on my buddies when he took them off and had to get a whole new line.