Fuel Cooler

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
With line are you using to return the fuel to the tank, or are you dumping it down the filler neck?

It's an air dog 2 lift pump so the pump return ties into the factory return using a coupler. It's the blue line in the picture that trashman quoted. Once through the cooler, it flows through the factory line back to the stock intank fuel basket.

That should take the cavitation out of the fuel pump return fuel.

Figured it could only be better that way :D

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
Mine seems to run between 130-140* just running around town and down the highway empty. Is that what everyone else runs or is it still too hot for daily driving? That's in 90-100* outside temps.

Still in stock location. Haven't had time to move yet.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mine seems to run between 130-140* just running around town and down the highway empty. Is that what everyone else runs or is it still too hot for daily driving? That's in 90-100* outside temps.

Still in stock location. Haven't had time to move yet.

You're doing good.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
When I put the 6 speed cooler in my half ton all I did was buy whatever Trans line ways leaks at the crimp, and cut the end off and use those. Think the line was like 25 bucks..

I also have another 6 speed Trans cooler that I will be running as a fuel cooler for the half ton race truck.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I was thinkin' dirt cheap, like I'll pay the shipping USPS envelop for the ends if some one has a beat up set in their garage collecting dust, just the ends.. I'm sure their are some fittings that another type of connection and that would be my preference just don't recall where I read it.

If you reuse a cooler with the stock fittings would it not be a good idea to replace the O-rings inside the fittings.?

This might be them, M-20 orb

image_15717.jpg

=
=

Parker-6-1-4-F5OG-S.jpg

=
=
=

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Many people have asked that. GM thought the LML didn't need one, as to why, who knows. Ive seen the inside of the tanks melted on a twin cp3 LML.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Plus LML's went to a 36 gal. tank and that does most of the fuel cooling on a stock setup. Providing you keep plenty of fuel in the tank. The lower the level, the hotter the fuel.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Bringing this one back from the dead...Mike L or anyone have the part number for the setrab cooler? Can a guy run some -6 lines as replacements? Mine I assume are original lines on my 01’ and are getting awfully crusty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk