Fuel cap

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
I’d be thinking more so venting issue.

Not to get far off topic or thread steal from what you are asking but I had an L5P not too long ago come in for a fuel gauge concern and the driver side of fuel tank had been sucked inward. Vent line was full of fuel.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Have a lift pump? (can't see sig)

I noticed mine every now and then had some pressure but I just figured it was because of lift pump and vent not keeping up or something. Never looked into it.

I do know that when my transfer flo fuel tank is pumping in fuel steady for a minute or two it will definitely have some pressure built up when take the lid off. I didn't think it was that big of deal but maybe I should be more concerned.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
No lift pump, I thought these LML trucks had a small fuel pump factory but can't remember. I know the truck pulls the 299 skid steer and 308 hoe better with the cap loose so must be a plugged vent trying to suck the tank in.
When I first got the truck I changed the fuel filter and it was only half full so that tells me it's got a suction on the fuel system, but not sure why.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
No lift pump, I thought these LML trucks had a small fuel pump factory but can't remember. I know the truck pulls the 299 skid steer and 308 hoe better with the cap loose so must be a plugged vent trying to suck the tank in.
When I first got the truck I changed the fuel filter and it was only half full so that tells me it's got a suction on the fuel system, but not sure why.

No factory lift pump on them. they still use the suction method at the CP4. the L5P is the only one that got a lift pump