Front end Rebuild

KrigzLBZ

Jul 15, 2019
California
hey guys,
just got down installing the dmaxstore stage 2 front end kit(tie rods, moog problem solver idler and pitman arm with PISK braces)on my 2006. is it common with the new pitman and idler arm to be really stiff? what i mean by this is with the truck on the lift(engine off) i could barely move the tires left to right by hand. Everything has been torqued and greased properly, and with the truck running there seems to be no additional strain on the steering pump.

i appreciate the insight fellas:thumb:

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
I cant say if its normal or not, but I am having the same "issue" just did the father in laws 06 2500hd gasser, everything left to right. moog parts except for ball joints and outer tie rods.

I did add a bilstien steering stabilizer to his.

but the wheel is alot harder to turn, can still drive one handed, but needs more effort for sure, i was just writing it off to new parts, his also has not been aligned yet

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Is it the same with and without the braces...I noticed mine was stiffer with the braces, I ditched them a month later for the DHD brace instead.

On a side note, our trucks do not need a steering stabilizer whatsoever. I removed mine years ago and it drives like a dream without it. The lml doesn't even have one from the factory.

KrigzLBZ

Jul 15, 2019
California
I cant say if its normal or not, but I am having the same "issue" just did the father in laws 06 2500hd gasser, everything left to right. moog parts except for ball joints and outer tie rods.

I did add a bilstien steering stabilizer to his.

but the wheel is alot harder to turn, can still drive one handed, but needs more effort for sure, i was just writing it off to new parts, his also has not been aligned yet

I did notice more effort needed as well, an alignment didn’t help much either. Slight turns left and right at low speed the truck feels hesitant to return to center
Bilstein stabilizer also

KrigzLBZ

Jul 15, 2019
California
Is it the same with and without the braces...I noticed mine was stiffer with the braces, I ditched them a month later for the DHD brace instead.

On a side note, our trucks do not need a steering stabilizer whatsoever. I removed mine years ago and it drives like a dream without it. The lml doesn't even have one from the factory.

First thoughts were the support braces so I removed the castle nut that goes thru the Heim joint and I didn’t feel any change in resistance with the truck still on the lift. I did not drive it without the braces tho.

If I removed the Bilstein stabilizer, Would it cause it to bump steer with having the torsion bars cranked 2”

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska

why do our trucks not need them? his was worn so i replaced it. I run the same one on my truck, figured it couldn't hurt?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013

Never new the lml doesn't have a steering stabilizer. Now you got me thinking.