LBZ: Front diff issues?

GrammRT9

Nov 7, 2014
Ok I've done a ton of front end work lately including both wheel bearings and a driver side axle. I still hear a noise that sounds like a wheel bearing is going out. I noticed a while ago my front diff was leaking and when I changed the oil it had maybe a half litre in it. I've been keeping an eye on it and hasn't leaked much since just haven't had time to pull it apart to re seal the case but I'm wondering if maybe there is bearing damage inside? What else would cause a noise like this? I can also feel some vibrations on the floor. Would u joints do this also? Truck has 186,000kms on it

GeorgiaDieselGTO

Wants to drive his truck
May 12, 2010
Crossville
The outer bearing on the passenger side of the 4wd actuator could be shot shake the CV axle where it goes into the diff and see if it moves. normal is a very small clunk

GrammRT9

Nov 7, 2014
Alright thanks guys I'll check the passenger side when I have a chance. Getting sick of tearing this thing apart. I guess lots was bound to happen sooner or later I've put 80,000kms on since I bought it some parts are due that's for sure.

GrammRT9

Nov 7, 2014
I'll also add that when I accelerate I can feel the vibration worse until I come to an idle speed

GeorgiaDieselGTO

Wants to drive his truck
May 12, 2010
Crossville
If the vibration changes with engine load and not just speed check rear driveshaft ujoints. Maybe pinion bearings in rear diff, but more likely ujoints. Maybe even a rear wheel bearing.