Frame Differences?

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
How long ago did you apply it??? My OEM stuff is drying out and flaking off. I was considering something like this protect it until I do an actual frame off.
It’s been about a year ago now. It was on a truck a fixed and sold but its local yet so i could maybe check on it sometime.

Reactions: 1FastBrick

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
IDK if the one on my 09 is bent or not yet,
I got one more project to get moving under it's own power before I tear into my 09
Takes a lot harder hit than that to bend them... My doner chassis was wedged in their so I had to cut it to relieve the stress and get the front diff to drop out.

I will find one. They are not that expense either.

Reactions: malibu795

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
It’s been about a year ago now. It was on a truck a fixed and sold but its local yet so i could maybe check on it sometime.
Cool. Would be nice to know. I was looking at some rust preventive spray pants to try and preserve it till I could really strip it down.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Takes a lot harder hit than that to bend them... My doner chassis was wedged in their so I had to cut it to relieve the stress and get the front diff to drop out.

I will find one. They are not that expense either.
It wasn't a " no you can't have it" reply lol
If you need one fast Hicksville auto has them and ships though they tend run on the expensive side

Reactions: 1FastBrick

pl_silverado

Jan 29, 2012
If you need one fast Hicksville auto has them and ships though they tend run on the expensive side

I tried to get a clean one from them, but their definition of clean vs mine differs drastically. I ended up buying couple trucks from salvage auction for parts, which is going to end up pushing me over the edge into building a duraburb too.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I tried to get a clean one from them, but their definition of clean vs mine differs drastically. I ended up buying couple trucks from salvage auction for parts, which is going to end up pushing me over the edge into building a duraburb too.
Well "clean" for NW Ohio can be pretty shitty in other parts of the states.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I didn't see one on there Ebay Page. I am in no hurry.

A new on used to be about $50 through the dealer but i see they have been discontinued. I see 1 Seller on Ebay still has some for about $65 Shipped.

Local self serve yards are hit and miss. Plus we have more 2x4 in this market. I just haven't put any effort into looking... When I saw your new frame, and noticed that piece, I got excited that you might have a left over brace that would need a good home... :LOL:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I didn't see one on there Ebay Page. I am in no hurry.

A new on used to be about $50 through the dealer but i see they have been discontinued. I see 1 Seller on Ebay still has some for about $65 Shipped.

Local self serve yards are hit and miss. Plus we have more 2x4 in this market. I just haven't put any effort into looking... When I saw your new frame, and noticed that piece, I got excited that you might have a left over brace that would need a good home... :LOL:
I've always just called them, granted they're ~3hr drive for me

pl_silverado

Jan 29, 2012
If you really need one that badly, I probably have one. Where are you located? I'll be heading west to pick up another LMM this weekend.