FPE Big-Shaft Kit for 9.25 AAM IFS

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Title says it all.

We've made a replacement axleshaft and housing for the passenger side of the AAM 9.25" IFS. It fit's dmax models from 01-10.

The shaft is chromoly and the housing is 3" diameter with an upgraded bearing. It's a complete stock replacement that eliminates the axle disconnect.

If you install this the front driveshaft will turn at all times. I'm working with spyntech and another party to test out their D60 hub conversion with our axle in a pulling application to really test it out. That would allow you to run this axle yet still unlock the hubs for street use.

Call the shop for details.

Thanks,

Brayden

Attachments

• IMG_1200.JPG
    IMG_1200.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1158.jpg
    IMG_1158.jpg
    737.2 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
How will this work with guys with welded front ends? PM me a price as mine is busted right now and would not like to go through this again:thumb:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
I am not looking to rain on your parade with all these new billet pieces (everything looks awsome!). But now the diff case it's bolted to needs beefing up now. Then the upper frame mount that holds the diff on the drivers side needs a bolt on brace, so the mount doesnt rip off the frame at the welds. I (myself) and 2 guys around my shop has had the three issues mentioned above. I dont do truck pulling, but i plow snow with the truck (65 hp over stock lb7). The other 2 were 09-10 plow trucks (1 gas powered, one lmm powered). Billet cases is also something you might want to consider also.

duramaxsandwich

Mar 30, 2009
I am not looking to rain on your parade with all these new billet pieces (everything looks awsome!). But now the diff case it's bolted to needs beefing up now. Then the upper frame mount that holds the diff on the drivers side needs a bolt on brace, so the mount doesnt rip off the frame at the welds. I (myself) and 2 guys around my shop has had the three issues mentioned above. I dont do truck pulling, but i plow snow with the truck (65 hp over stock lb7). The other 2 were 09-10 plow trucks (1 gas powered, one lmm powered). Billet cases is also something you might want to consider also.

how many billet parts do you buy before you just put a d60 in it?

pmeg1

May 28, 2008
I've never heard of someone busting a mount on the pulling track, I however have had to replace two RH stub shafts so I'd say it would be money well spent if I were staying stock driveline!!

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Unless you're running a 4 linked D60 you should stay with the IFS in my opinion. They pull 10x better than a leaf sprung D60.

I haven't had a case break yet on any of our trucks that wasn't related to a ring pinion failure or a broken part internally that caused the damage (sliding collar).

If you're running a selectable locker you can still turn fine. If you're welded then you're going to have to hit the gym. Welded front ends are even harder on the sliding collars than an open one due to the twisting and binding that it's always under.

The lockouts, assuming that they will hold up to truck pulling, will allow you to lock the front or weld it and still be able to turn.

Brayden

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I have already installed one and it is a very nice piece and should do the trick! We have it in a 3.0 truck with dropbox and reverse so we will see how it holds up. It is also paired with Billet cv's that have been threw the ringer and came out on top so this should be that much better. Thanks!:thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Unless you're running a 4 linked D60 you should stay with the IFS in my opinion. They pull 10x better than a leaf sprung D60.

I haven't had a case break yet on any of our trucks that wasn't related to a ring pinion failure or a broken part internally that caused the damage (sliding collar).

If you're running a selectable locker you can still turn fine. If you're welded then you're going to have to hit the gym. Welded front ends are even harder on the sliding collars than an open one due to the twisting and binding that it's always under.

The lockouts, assuming that they will hold up to truck pulling, will allow you to lock the front or weld it and still be able to turn.Brayden

im very anxious about se these. id love to ditch these unit bearings and put something strong in :D. hope they will atleast be around the same price as the dodge/ford setups

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
how many billet parts do you buy before you just put a d60 in it?

none, you put a radius arm dana60 setup with coils. That will get rid of the upper frame bracket issue and the diff case breaking at where the bolts screw into, holding the pass side steel axle shaft hsg.

Last edited:

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
none, you put a radius arm dana60 setup with coils. That will get rid of the upper frame bracket issue and the diff case breaking at where the bolts screw into, holding the pass side steel axle shaft hsg.

In regards to the diff housing breaking where the passenger side axle housing bolts to it. That would be from the bolts working loose from stress. I have to go back and tighten mine about every 10 hooks or so.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH

The lockouts, assuming that they will hold up to truck pulling, will allow you to lock the front or weld it and still be able to turn.

Brayden

The broken collar gets them.

I've seen 3 break pulling: my orange truck, hogdoghd, and importkilla's LMM. All 3 broke due to slide collar breaking and the remnants shattering the case.:mad:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
In regards to the diff housing breaking where the passenger side axle housing bolts to it. That would be from the bolts working loose from stress. I have to go back and tighten mine about every 10 hooks or so.

You might want to look at the upper frame bracket, I bet you its about to rip off the frame or is cracked and its allowing the chunk to rotate, causing the bolts to loosen.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
The broken collar gets them.

I've seen 3 break pulling: my orange truck, hogdoghd, and importkilla's LMM. All 3 broke due to slide collar breaking and the remnants shattering the case.:mad:

Add me to that list.. I broke one back in 08.....Jeff and I found it when installing 4.56 gears