*Fox Shocks* Need help please.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
OK thanks. I'm running the cheap fab-tech shocks so I'll look into some new ones. I really want to run the dual hoop setup, I have the parts, but took them off because of the cheap edlebrock shocks that were on it.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
OK thanks. I'm running the cheap fab-tech shocks so I'll look into some new ones. I really want to run the dual hoop setup, I have the parts, but took them off because of the cheap edlebrock shocks that were on it.

if you run the dual shocks, dont run a single off the LCA. it will be too stiff over all. I ran the duals with a set of the next step stiffer bilsteins on the shock hoop and no shock on the LCA and loved it. it work pretty well off road and gave a nice ride on the road.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
Ok i'm going to check into some shocks. The truck doesn't see to much off road besides the occasional ride through a field or check out something off road quick.

VVVJDMVVV

Apr 10, 2012
You wouldnt happen to have any pics of a 4" lift cranked down with stock rear suspension would ya ? I have been searching like crazy, not much luck.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I dunno if steve has any up but look up SSchmi5519. he has a cognito 4-6 decranked all the way and i think only a 2" block in the rear but its got a slant towards the front that way.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok i'm going to check into some shocks. The truck doesn't see to much off road besides the occasional ride through a field or check out something off road quick.

yeah, get yourself some good shocks. i jsut picked up some fabtech white bodys to get me by till i get my resi's. these thigns flat out suck

VVVJDMVVV

Apr 10, 2012
Ahh yeah I see his. Without the block in the rear I think it would have the perfect rake to the back im lookin for. Think I could fit 20x12 wheels on 33" A/T tires if I remove my bumper and have a pre runner/Skid combo like yours ? Or will I rub control arms more ?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
your gunna rub the back fender under full bump or even 3/4 bump (as in, your suspension 1/4 the way from full compression). you need a much thinner wheel to do that. not even fiberglass fenders will allow enough room

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Dr.James...the rear of my truck is stiffer than rock. I have new bilsteins back there but it's so gosh darn stiff. Can you help me?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Dr James. :roflmao:

To funny man anyway Sir Suspension James you do seem to know what your talking about but what I want to know is what fender are you running on your truck? Front?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Dr James. :roflmao:

To funny man anyway Sir Suspension James you do seem to know what your talking about but what I want to know is what fender are you running on your truck? Front?

:rofl: :D im running hanneman fiberglass fenders up front

Dr.James...the rear of my truck is stiffer than rock. I have new bilsteins back there but it's so gosh darn stiff. Can you help me?

come down here and ill give you something stiff ;)

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ill tell you what Mr they look F'n sweet!!!

Thanks for the info

Thanks mackin! truck IMOP is still too tall for the size tires i have and the big fenders but they may change in the next few months. should be able to lower it another 1-2" so the tires fill the fenders a bit better