Fox 2.0, Bilstein 5100s, which?

Jonesin33

Aug 26, 2011
TX
Want to know if the Fox 2.0 is worth the extra for ride and comfort? Daily drive 6" lift on 35s and old cheap shocks are shot. Wanna feel a world of a difference.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Jonesin33

Aug 26, 2011
TX
Glad to hear it bud. Thought there would be a lot more who have ran them.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
i ran FOX SHOX on my 04.5 dodge 4X4 when i had a lift on it and when my d max was lifted i had them on there too, they are better than the bilstien 5100 IMO

Jonesin33

Aug 26, 2011
TX
Cool man. So the ride is more comfortable? Don't do heavy off road but travel some dirt roads and the basics.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
more comfortable than? my dodge rode great with the fox shox big improvement over the crapy fabtech shocks that came with the lift kit.when i lowered the dodge back down to stock height i put bilstein 5100 on it and i didnt like them at all, ended up switchin to rancho RS9000s, i like the ranchos u can adj them to tune ur ride

Last edited:

Jonesin33

Aug 26, 2011
TX
My bad, compared to the 5100s. The people who have them seem to stick by them fairly well. Never heard one negative about fox tho. Thinking 2.0s are the best option out right now.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Had fox 2.0's (4) on the front of mine, 2.5's on the rear(2). Dampened 40" tires pretty well. I liked them.... never ran bilsteins though so i cant compare.

Too Many Projects

Jun 8, 2012
Rochester Hills, MI
Can't compare to Bilsteins but I have been very happy with my fox 2.0 remotes. I've had the valving adjusted by fox to get them dialed in perfectly. I use them mainly on the street but also run it pretty hard in the sand dunes a few times a year & they were able to find a very good balance.
The only complaint I have is that I spent the extra $$ for the chrome finish which corroded pretty badly. I then spent a lot to have them rebuilt with new chrome bodies & now 9 months later they're already starting to corrode!

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Curious about the valving in the foxes. I want something with a nice comfortable ride for daily driving but I've heard Bilstiens are no good at the track. Any idea if the Fox is any better in that aspect?

Too Many Projects

Jun 8, 2012
Rochester Hills, MI
The Fox shocks can be valved, by fox or anywhere that services shocks, for any rebound & dampening you desire. How you valve them all depends on your needs. Most people just run em as they were out of the box. The perfect valving for street, track & offroad are all different so if it's a multi use truck it's about finding a happy medium. I'm not nearly as familiar with Bilsteins so I can't remember if the 5100's are a serviceable shock.