Found a Diablo sport predator for sale...opinions?

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Found a Diablo sport predator for sale for $150 I don't want a whole lot by any means wanted to wrap the truck up at about 400hp for reliability..

Would the D.S predator be suffice for me? Or should I pass and hold off til my budget grows?

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I had one on my truck for a bit not long after I bought in in 07. It was a fun tuner. Woke the truck up over stock. Nothing compared to efi live but you gotta start somewhere.

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Probably the best hand held tuner for the money. I still have mine. My buddy had a Bully Dog on his reg cab LLY…I consistently smoked him with a lower tune every time. I would go for it and if you want more latter then efi live.

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
I had one several years ago. I was pleased with it, and got very good MPGs on Level 2.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Thanks guys I really appreciate the good heads up on the programmer!!

Luckily for me Ninjamax has been helping me left and right with my daily driver build and offered to let me hop on his EFI Live.!

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I'm not sure if it was just my experience but lly's don't seem to respond well to the predators. Both my 05 and my buddies 05 shifted terrible on any of the settings. The shifts were long and had way too much defueling at light throttle. Both trucks shift excellent now with efi and stock tcm tunes. Again maybe it's just our junk, my dad's lbz ran and shifted flawless for 5 years with his predator set to extreme. Got 20 mpg hand calc too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
My LBZ daily driver (occasional utility trailer pull) has been on the Predator 85 tune for 110k with no troubles. I should go EFI but don't want to spend the cash.

Sent from my SCH-I535

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I've driven an LLY with a Predator, although not perfect it was a good tuner and added a descent amount of power. For $150 I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

DieselDummy

Dirt Dummy
Oct 13, 2011
NY
They are ok, but if you have an LLy and have an aftermarket radio with the little chime adapter, make sure you completely unplug it, if not you will beat your head off the wheel!!!

04.5 Dmax

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
I thought they had to be unlocked by diablo. Mine needed to be unlocked from my truck.When I got efi, I gave the predator to a buddy and it wouldn't communicate

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
I actually have had 2 aftermarket door chimes. The first one was a different model and I didn't have a problem. My stereo got ripped off so I had to replace it and the new one interfered so not all of them will do it.