For your consideration. New SD "TT" Center link

Status
Not open for further replies.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Could i get the one i have made into the BBW it's one of yours SD stright CL if so how much? I haven't put it on yet

CrewCabMax

Double XL
Apr 23, 2007
Ohio
So there is still a " need " for braces with a straight CL? What do the braces do when equiped with a straight link? I was under the impression that pitman and idler braces were mainly for combating the rotation on the stock CL? No? Are they to be used for extending the life of the idler and pitman? Just asking questions... LOL

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So there is still a " need " for braces with a straight CL? What do the braces do when equiped with a straight link? I was under the impression that pitman and idler braces were mainly for combating the rotation on the stock CL? No? Are they to be used for extending the life of the idler and pitman? Just asking questions... LOL

if you run the old style SD's centerlink or the new one in the furthest most setting toward the front of the truck, you do not need braces on the idler/pitman arm. some people run them anyhow for extra insurance.

bonomax

Dec 27, 2011
Hermitage, PA
just installed one these TT packages with sleeves installed on my truck replace all my worn out joints with all new moog parts ball joints, tie rods, tie rod ends, pitman, idler and idler brackets. got to say very nice fitment, drives and holds straight at high speeds. havent done any 4wd launches because the trans isnt built yet and have it in the stock location. front end feels very solid now. i like that if anything breaks or wears out you can just run to auto parts store and get it, but its still strong enough to launch. Michael is a very nice guy to talk to and will answer any question asap. if your thinking about id say do it. :thumb:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
I've seen one of these centerlinks. It's a beautiful piece that looks indestructable. I just took a pair of Cognito CL braces off the truck.....after about 4-1/2yrs one was broken clean across and the other was broken most of the way......junk. I installed a pair of Mike's CL braces and like that centerlink they're beautifully done. Thick stainless with perfect tight fit, no slop. He does real good work.

Last edited:

bonomax

Dec 27, 2011
Hermitage, PA
had these on for 6 months prolly about 10k on truck. i have TT package with braces and sleeves. done few 4wd boosted launches not to hard bc trans aint built yet but prolly launched at 1600rpm and nothing has broke and no problems with this kit. highly recommend def worth money. The center link is the stock location bc its my DD which doesnt really limit the steering at all not that i notice. drives very nice like goin down highway holds nice and striaght. way better than cognito junk which i hear break after awhile. PM Super diesel to order one. great guy quick turn around keeps ya updated on process.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
had these on for 6 months prolly about 10k on truck. i have TT package with braces and sleeves. done few 4wd boosted launches not to hard bc trans aint built yet but prolly launched at 1600rpm and nothing has broke and no problems with this kit. highly recommend def worth money. The center link is the stock location bc its my DD which doesnt really limit the steering at all not that i notice. drives very nice like goin down highway holds nice and striaght. way better than cognito junk which i hear break after awhile. PM Super diesel to order one. great guy quick turn around keeps ya updated on process.

Great part but if anyone is looking for this part there on hold at this time. Michael has been off the site for around the past 7 months with some personal issues. I offered a sale on his items just before he took some time off when he warned me that his parts would not be available.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Is he back to building stuff? Been forever since I've seen Mike or even talked to him.

Great part but if anyone is looking for this part there on hold at this time. Michael has been off the site for around the past 7 months with some personal issues. I offered a sale on his items just before he took some time off when he warned me that his parts would not be available.

tkheck4057

Mar 22, 2013
Minnesota
I have 2003 Duramax2500HD 185000 miles everything stock except Cognito UCA,lifted 2" looking to replace front end parts, inner and outer tie rods, pitman, centerlink, how much for your centerlink? Also buying cognitos Idler pivot assembly and Cognito pitman and Idler support kit, but I heard you have something else better. Running only 285/16 tires. looking to jump up to 305's any help greatly appreciated

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I have 2003 Duramax2500HD 185000 miles everything stock except Cognito UCA,lifted 2" looking to replace front end parts, inner and outer tie rods, pitman, centerlink, how much for your centerlink? Also buying cognitos Idler pivot assembly and Cognito pitman and Idler support kit, but I heard you have something else better. Running only 285/16 tires. looking to jump up to 305's any help greatly appreciated

Tired of typing it out Michael is no longer making any centerlinks at this time. He is going thru some issues and when he has all his stuff set back up and running he will start making parts again.

Status
Not open for further replies.