LML Floor Mats = Valet Mode

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
Not sure where to put this, but figured everyone should get a good laugh from this.

Long story short my brother borrowed my truck the other day and called me to tell me how slow it is in comparison to his 6.7. That it doesn't even downshift on the freeway if you floor it, that my trans is dumb, shifts lazy, has no top end power, blah blah blah blah.

At first I thought he was just giving me a hard time, then he told me he was serious. So I had him pull up a few PIDs on edge, everything seemed normal. I was worried my CP4 might have actually been on its way out.

After another 10 minutes of trying to figure it out, I find out the TPS is only giving him 55-60%. I did install some knock off weather tech floor mats and thought that might be why, even though I hadn't experienced an issue. Sure enough, after removing them, back to normal. Needless to say, I found my new floor mat in the bed of my truck when he brought it back.

Lesson learned, the adjustable pedals needs to be just a touch up if you install a floor mat to get 100% out of the TPS. My saved seat setting was just enough up to be fine, but he moved the pedals all the way down when he got in.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Lol
I had one of my DSPs a valet that limited throttle to 30%. Well I put it on that DSP thinking it was my turbo brake when I hooked up to my RV. The truck was a dog except when I had the cruise set then it was making 30psi of boost. It had me scratching my head until I could stop and look at the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
there actually use to be a thread on this. Brian (hondarider) did this years ago and Steve (sschmi5519) who was tuning the truck told him to take the damn floor mat out so he could get full throttle :roflmao:

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
That's funny, i was watching my percentage the other day and it was going to eighty something I think it was but I just figured that's how my tune was set up or something.. I'll have to check the floormat out now..

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
That reminds me, I should log my Suburban. I just added WeatherTech mats, and I run my pedals all the way forward because I have stupid long legs. I remember wondering at the time if it would cause a problem or not. Wouldn't surprise me if I have to move the pedals back a smidge.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
That reminds me, I should log my Suburban. I just added WeatherTech mats, and I run my pedals all the way forward because I have stupid long legs. I remember wondering at the time if it would cause a problem or not. Wouldn't surprise me if I have to move the pedals back a smidge.

Your pedals are adjustable?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Your pedals are adjustable?
You could get adjustable pedals in some GMT800 applications, such as the Suburban. My Quadrasteer is fairly loaded, and does have adjustable pedals. I think it is only missing the rear seat DVD system and XM, neither of which are a big deal to me.

The 2003 6.0L gas throttle pedal happens to be wired identically to the LB7 throttle pedal, so it was plug and play. If you put a LBZ in, there is some hackery needed to get a LBZ pedal to work with the adjustable pedal system.

The adjustable pedals work with the memory system, even back in 2003. So the seat, mirrors, pedals, HVAC (temperature), and radio presets all store per driver, which is pretty nice.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Oh ok, it’s a 03. I kept thinking it was an 01-02 due to the old front end but I forget the Burbans and Tahoe’s used that front end till 07

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thats the one option I always wanted on my HD. Did the research, then life got in the way....

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
there actually use to be a thread on this. Brian (hondarider) did this years ago and Steve (sschmi5519) who was tuning the truck told him to take the damn floor mat out so he could get full throttle :roflmao:

Haha yeah the floormat preventing 100% throttle position is actually a lot more common than you would think :roflmao:

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Well then, I guess 86% has been good enough for me for the last 10 months. I'm back at 100% after adjusting my pedals out a little bit lol! Thanks

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
Well then, I guess 86% has been good enough for me for the last 10 months. I'm back at 100% after adjusting my pedals out a little bit lol! Thanks

Now you have an excuse to go see what that last 14% will do. I can promise you my brother made sure it was fully tested.