Flexible line that can handle the pressure

straightpiperoar

Jul 20, 2009
Is there a flexible line that can be used to run from the cp3 to the fuel rail????or has anyone tried anything other than the hard line...

straightpiperoar

Jul 20, 2009
I was thinking of trying to feed the rails individually and it would be easier to run a flexible line to the passenger side than a hard line....Does anyone know what they are made of if anything special.and also what would that do to the ppe computer that controls the dual cp3's

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Can't you make a set of flex lines from stainless steel 10 AN line kit from Jeg's Race Kit? They offer several sizes for good prices, lengths, etc. for applications that rubber isn't maybe what works best when it gets real hot and high presssure. I used one from lift pump to filter to replace rubber parts under cab. Other options are out there though.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So far I believe the II hoses are the only flexibles available on the market. Simon has been looking for 2 years at making his own but no luck. Can't seem to find a hose/fitting combination that will work. The fitting is an oddball one!

jpowel29

Feb 1, 2008
Bentonville, Arkansas
Can't you make a set of flex lines from stainless steel 10 AN line kit from Jeg's Race Kit? They offer several sizes for good prices, lengths, etc. for applications that rubber isn't maybe what works best when it gets real hot and high presssure. I used one from lift pump to filter to replace rubber parts under cab. Other options are out there though.

Mike was asking about replacing the high pressure stainless feed line to the rail.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
it's under the same pressure as the rail... so it's about 20K? You can try Dan at PPE, a couple years ago he could have a hardline made special.

Dunno if you are going to find a soft line that'll do that, I looked for a long time as well and was stonewalled on where i could get a hard line made. Memmer - it's in excess of 20,000 lbs (tune/pump dependent) of pressure if it's after the CP-3. Maybe i am ready the question wrong - forget it if i am.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Id think you'd want a material that can handle minimum 30k PSI, just for safety's sake. LBZ makes max 26k stock, doesnt it?

ON EDIT: Look up Parker Polyflex hose. If it can handle diesel fuel, then that may work.

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
I know that you could source the hose from a water jet company but as for fitting that would be the biggest problem IMO

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Id think you'd want a material that can handle minimum 30k PSI, just for safety's sake. LBZ makes max 26k stock, doesnt it?

ON EDIT: Look up Parker Polyflex hose. If it can handle diesel fuel, then that may work.

Parker is what I.I. used for their dual feed hose IIRC.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I know that you could source the hose from a water jet company but as for fitting that would be the biggest problem IMO

Correct. So far, that is the only obstacle left that we can't find. We can find 60000psi hose no problem but can't get a fitting.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Industrial Injections lines work good, i use 2 of them on my truck, they will handle the pressure, trust me.:thumb:

straightpiperoar

Jul 20, 2009
I got one today from II...Dont know if I will see much of a gain from trying to run each rail with their own pump but we will see this year....Anyone have any input on the idea....