Fleece cheetah vs. Dt stealth 64?

silvasautomotive

Aug 17, 2015
Wondering what everyone's opinion is on these 2 turbos? The plan is to throw on of these on for a year or so while I build my short block up. (Already have a bigger turbo lined up for when that time comes) or if there are any other recommendations for a drop in I'm all ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
Yellowchevy on here builds his own version of a 63.5 get in touch with Russ he will take care of you!ps I am sure he will chime in

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Not to put down either of the companies mentioned because they do amazing work but Russell goes one step further with his turbos. Can't say enough good things about his products, quality of work and customer service.
Hes a vendor on here, axis design and fabrication.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
I personally LOVE how the cheetahs sound.. Russ sells those as well, have him do a port and polish job on it and then it would be a screaming sexy sounding turbo.. Thats what id do

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
I personally LOVE how the cheetahs sound.. Russ sells those as well, have him do a port and polish job on it and then it would be a screaming sexy sounding turbo.. Thats what id do

What exactly makes them scream? Not too many combinations to work with in a stock frame

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
What exactly makes them scream? Not too many combinations to work with in a stock frame

Fleece uses an s300 center cartridge with the ihi compressor/exhaust housings.. Its basically an s363, but in an ihi setup. Im not too sure why they scream like they do, but I like it!

silvasautomotive

Aug 17, 2015
Yeah I have noticed the sound of the fleece charger. Definitely not bad sounding at all. Anyone actually running one on here?

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Yeah I have noticed the sound of the fleece charger. Definitely not bad sounding at all. Anyone actually running one on here?

My brother is, it runs pretty well.... If you stick with a 100% IHI turbo, go to Russ as mentioned above. But the s300 has a stronger shaft and better flowing turbine, but they are quite a bit different from each other for a direct comparison... River City Diesel has IHI with s300 center sections and factory cast wheels too....

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
My brother is, it runs pretty well.... If you stick with a 100% IHI turbo, go to Russ as mentioned above. But the s300 has a stronger shaft and better flowing turbine, but they are quite a bit different from each other for a direct comparison... River City Diesel has IHI with s300 center sections and factory cast wheels too....

Oh wow I didnt know river city uses an s300 center section as well!!

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
here is the question....

Does having a bigger turbine 74 vs stock, with stock fuel system, make more power? Or just the potential for more power?

Thats really only difference between the two setups.

silvasautomotive

Aug 17, 2015
The river city setup is interesting to me. Figures that's the one that I can't get a deal on... Lol I'm a parts dealer and have access to a deal on both the Duramax Tuner and Fleece chargers... Oh well.

NRA223

May 20, 2015
The RCD 66/74 is what i am looking at replacing my stealth 64 with. The stock turbine wheel restricts the stealth around 610-620. RCD is 10 minutes from me and I know of 2 trucks locally running that turbo both making over 700.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
The RCD 66/74 is what i am looking at replacing my stealth 64 with. The stock turbine wheel restricts the stealth around 610-620. RCD is 10 minutes from me and I know of 2 trucks locally running that turbo both making over 700.

I personally dont see a reason to go from a 64 to a 66.. Just twin it with a s475 or s480 and be happy with the 64 in the valley

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
I personally dont see a reason to go from a 64 to a 66.. Just twin it with a s475 or s480 and be happy with the 64 in the valley

Huge difference actually, just because the compressor wheel is 2mm bigger, the turbine in both are vastly different. The RCD IHI 66/74 is capable of 700 all day long with the fuel to support it. Basically its a drop in, internally gated s366 Majority of the 64mm IHI i see are stock turbine.

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Huge difference actually, just because the compressor wheel is 2mm bigger, the turbine in both are vastly different. The RCD IHI 66/74 is capable of 700 all day long with the fuel to support it. Basically its a drop in, internally gated s366 Majority of the 64mm IHI i see are stock turbine.

What he said. The 66/74 will make about 100 hp more than the stealth and is half the cost of the twin kit. Plus a somewhat questionable point but the bigger single may let the stock bottom end live longer than the twins.

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
However if you took the time, and had the knowledge of what one needed to build their own s366 single kit, you could do it for the price of an IHI.

NRA223

May 20, 2015
However if you took the time, and had the knowledge of what one needed to build their own s366 single kit, you could do it for the price of an IHI.

The Silver Bullet 66 with billet wheel and install kit from COTNP is about the same price too. That's another option i am considering and it will likely have more room down the road than the RCD as well.