Fleece 71.5 and 60 over Injector install

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I started to dismantle my truck today, only had 4 hours but I managed to get the down pipe off and the right side manifold off. First time I've ever done this so I was quite happy. I also have RDL headers and up pipes to install also. I thought I'd start a thread of the many questions I will have.

Do you have to take off the EGR cooler to get the Turbo out?

How about the airconditioner line above the turbo, does it need to come off?

Can someone point me in the right direction where to find torque specifications for my install?

I apprieciate any help that anyone can give me.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I started to dismantle my truck today, only had 4 hours but I managed to get the down pipe off and the right side manifold off. First time I've ever done this so I was quite happy. I also have RDL headers and up pipes to install also. I thought I'd start a thread of the many questions I will have.

Can someone point me in the right direction where to find torque specifications for my install?

Just unbolt the AC compressor.. and fold it over and lay it on top of the pass side battery.

On my LLY the EGR cooler did not have to come off. there is LOTS of torque specs in the GM Specs section ( http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97 ) You also do not have to remove the exhaust manifold...

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
You will take off the egr cooler as well if your gonna put the up pipes on since iirc they don't have the provision for the cooler.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

If you have ricks up pipes you probably want to remove the EGR completly

remove the A/C compressore and put it to the rear pass side of the truck for install,Dont remove the lines

Heny has posted lots in the GM specs section...if you cant find just ask for the specs and we can go from there:)

best of luck

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
i started to dismantle my truck today, only had 4 hours but i managed to get the down pipe off and the right side manifold off. First time i've ever done this so i was quite happy. I also have rdl headers and up pipes to install also. I thought i'd start a thread of the many questions i will have.

Do you have to take off the egr cooler to get the turbo out?

how about the airconditioner line above the turbo, does it need to come off?

can someone point me in the right direction where to find torque specifications for my install?

just undo the a/c compressor for the engine bracket and put it to the pass side(on the battery it sits well). With the rdl headers, you are going to take the egr cooler stuff off antways; might as well take it off and clean up the clutter, for when you take the turbo off. Also check with ripmf666, he's got all the specs posted up

Last edited:

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
What's so funny? It's a known fact that canned tuners will crack pistons. Injectors save pistons... If the tuner knows what they're doing.. Your results may vary ....

Whats funny is thats certainly not the case so dont say its proven. Mine cracked/hole at 530 hp after only 15k miles with a solid tune by a well known tuner with EFI Live.