first time running with efi

tobyk321

BIODIESEL BURNER
Jun 23, 2007
milford, nj
www.myspace.com
went to the track on Sunday to see what my rig will run. best time was [email protected] 60ft was 1.79. i want to try and get this pig into the 12's without drugs. i know this may be impossible given the weight of my truck, but I'll try does anyone have any suggestions on getting my times down

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Those are good times for a CCLB :rockon:

The easiest way is weight reduction. Don't have more then a 1/2 tank of fuel, 1/4 tank is my preference :D Pull all the crap out of the cab you don't need, pull the spare, tailgate and if you get really desperate you can pull the front passenger seat and rear seat :angel:

tobyk321

BIODIESEL BURNER
Jun 23, 2007
milford, nj
www.myspace.com
spare and tailgate are gone and i get the feeling that the back seat and sub box are on their way out too. also does everyone drop there t-bars all the way down? mine are pretty low to begin with but people watching said that my front end was coming almost all the way up. would dropping them all the way down help keep my front end planted?

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
it might. I dont lower mine I run them at stock height. actually right now i'm 1 turn up from stock. next time I get to E town i'll go back down the one turn and see if that helps me or if it really is the new concrete that was causing my traction problem.

congrats on the time. only .26 till the 12s. and you need a signature update :D

where did you run? island

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
i run mine all the way down but i still get a bad hop when i launch, but i ran that no first gear TCM tune and i could launch harder with no hop and still ran the same times.

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
I wish I could , but I havent gotten to see my horse in 2 weeks. i'll be right out there in allamuchy during the day. but Ill be at the barn down the road from the track... well way down the road lol. and I chickened out on the 2nd gear launch when I was at the track. I want to test it on the street some where instead of wasting a pass at the track. or possibly other peoples time if something pops

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
I would suggest running the t bars all the way down, then pre-load the pass side 3 turns. Drop your tire psi to 28 frnt, 30 rear. Maybe get rid of the carter pump and get something that has more gph. I'm still amazed how these cp3's can get fed enough fuel from a carter pump.:confused:. Aren't they 3/8 fittings? Just some thoughts.;)

On a side note. Launching in 2nd with a stock tranny is a very bad idea. I tried it with a friends lly and it did not like it at all. Must have something to do with the stock t/c. Just kinda reved and went no where fast.

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
i'll bet if you hit E town you can turn that 13.2 into a 12 something. I always seem to be atleast 2 tenths slower at island. if not more.still cant figure out why. its les than 1000 feet higher in altitude.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I would suggest running the t bars all the way down, then pre-load the pass side 3 turns. Drop your tire psi to 28 frnt, 30 rear. Maybe get rid of the carter pump and get something that has more gph. I'm still amazed how these cp3's can get fed enough fuel from a carter pump.:confused:. Aren't they 3/8 fittings? Just some thoughts.;)

X2
a gauge on the L.P. side of the fuel would give you a idea if you are out of fuel
you need better 60' and some more practice:) Not trying to bash you in any way:hug: You did really good! and I think next time you will do better

any chance you logged the 1/4 mile run?

tobyk321

BIODIESEL BURNER
Jun 23, 2007
milford, nj
www.myspace.com
i have been thinking that i might be a little small on the lift pump. i did these runs on my 285's. i have a set of 265 pirelli's that i'm gonna try next time. and yes as a matter of fact i do have a log of one of my runs.

Attachments

• run1.zip
    12 KB · Views: 4