First time pulling

Sandracer799

LB7 Power
Mar 25, 2008
Sandston,Va
OK guys in the next couple of weeks I am going to be pulling for the first time. Now I have read for hours on this stuff but I still got a couple of questions.

First off I know to use 4 lo 3rd gear, lower the t-bars quite a bit, and clamp the springs.

Now my first question. The track is red clay and is known to be a "sticky" track. How would you go about starting off? Roll into it? or just spool it up and go?

Second. I have all the mods that are listed in my sig. The truck is at 500RWHP. What is going to break? or am I worrying to much?

Any other advice you may have is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys!!:hail:

Last edited:

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I really doubt you will break....Lower T-bars all the way...Lower rear tires to about 45psi and front to about 32psi.....Get the chain tight and when you get the green flag just HAMMER it!!!!! Rolling into it is really only good for big power and loose track conditions....Spooling the turbo off the line is not necesary for a stock charger truck becuase they spool so quick with a big tune.....All yea have LOTS of fun. Try not to get hooked :D If you can block the rear suspension solid between the rear end and the frame

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I really doubt you will break.... Try not to get hooked :D If you can block the rear suspension solid between the rear end and the frame

I have never pulled but from what I have read, isn't it bad to have no suspension travel unless you have trac bars installed?:confused: Something to do with axle wrap I thought.....

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
just clamp the rear springs do not block,i have only seen wheel hop if blocked unless traction bars are applied but if you clamp it will run smooth..i just pulled my LBZ last nite and did a 304.1 for it's firsts pull ever and all i did was clamp the rear leaves but since i snapped one of the T/Bars i couldn't lower them so that wasn't good but other then that let-er-rip.