LB7: first time on the dyno

02ilduramax

Jun 21, 2011
fulton,illinois
a few months back i decided to strap the truck to the dyno for shits and giggles was hoping for a bit more but my best was 453hp and 837tq

Attachments

• 2012-10-01_17-43-14_910.jpg
    2012-10-01_17-43-14_910.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 49

02ilduramax

Jun 21, 2011
fulton,illinois
Not exactly sure i belive it was a dynojet?...but ill look on the paper once I get home to make sure....there was another guy that had run on the same dyno before with the same set up and said it was reading a bit low but this was my first time on the dyno so im not sure...and never had it down the 1/4 but my best 1/8 time is 8.2x..

dansdieselp

Diesel Tuner
Apr 3, 2009
Marengo, IL
Looks like a Dynojet graph. If it was an inertia type dyno that sounds about right. Diesels need to be on a load cell dyno to put a good load on the truck. The load is what spools the turbo and brings on full boost. Some people hold the brakes to help build boost, but that's taking away from your numbers.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
i put it in tow/haul the second run

This is very puzzling to me?

First off you will see different results on different days on different dynos. That's just the way it is.

Now,

Seems no one Knew how to properly dyno this vehicle,don't take offense. What gear was the final sweep measured in? Also the torque converter should have been locked either by locking it in in forth gear or if you did a sweep into overdrive ,sounds like that's what you did,then the torque convertor should have locked regardless if you were in tow haul or not! This is why it's so puzzling to me that you yielded a significant different number in tow haul.

Also sweeps done in 5th always yield a higher number. What you want is 4 th gear torque converter locked.

Last edited: