First Time on Dyno- Please Critique

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
This was my first time on a dyno with my truck, had just finished installing my compound turbo setup. It was at McCray's Truck Fest in South Hadley, MA, it was a Dynojet dyno. Anyways, please take a look at the attached chart and let me know what you guys think, if you see anything drastic popping out at you.

Numbers were 557 hp/ 1,018 ft-lbs. Could not get the second charger to fully light, usually holds 51 psi on street, were only seeing high 40s. Would a loaded dyno show a little higher #s?

Attachments

• Dyno.pdf
    296.8 KB · Views: 23

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
High 40s and 51 isn't a crazy differance. I've been on that dyno 3 times and one other dynojet with my DD and run 25-26 but when on the street i see well over 33 even though thats in the IHI death zone. the rollers aren't heavy enough to load a diesel. If you want to run on a load dyno try jannetty racing in Waterbury, ct. They have a superflow in their shop. I'm not sure what you have for exhaust on your truck but they will only let you run there if you have a full exhaust out past the rear axle.

Last edited:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I think the dyno was a bit stingy. Some people said it read 5-10% low but they said it was really consistent. Truck sounded sweet though!

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
All I know is I heard your dyno number get called out and forgot the truck was twinned. I thought for a minute that a stock charger put 30hp on me haha

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I think the dyno was a bit stingy. Some people said it read 5-10% low but they said it was really consistent. Truck sounded sweet though!

I don't know why that makes them stingy? It is consistent, just like I said before, it is usually 10% low for dmaxes, just like I said before. Dynos are tuning tools....

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
Mine always read low on dynos, but it went good at the track....

Toman will even tell you himself that his tunes dont do well on dynos but haul ass at the track.

Back to the OP, I think your #'s are decent. A loaded dyno jet wouldnt make the #'s higher at least from my experiance with them. loading it always killed the #'s unless I was in 4th gear. 5th gear unloaded yieled higher #'s than anything though. Ive been on 3 or 4 diff dyno jets and all their #'s were between 615-590 pushing 48-50 lbs of boost (2-3lbs less than street). This was with no load.

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
Mine always read low on dynos, but it went good at the track....

As I said to Steve, heroes are made at the dragstrip, not on the dyno! I plan to get to the track ASAP with it.

All I know is I heard your dyno number get called out and forgot the truck was twinned. I thought for a minute that a stock charger put 30hp on me haha

Haha that's funny. Your truck sounded absolutely nasty though. You can't beat the sound of those drop in VVT's in my opinion. That is one thing I don't like about my twin setup, you don't hear the VVT much and the truck is too quiet now!

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Tqmonster. Stock trucks can make 550. But they're pushing everything to the limit. My truck has more room left for fuel and makes 540@ 35psi which is probably a lot more efficient than spinning a stocker and once we get the tuning straight it should be 600ish.