first run out on new setup.....

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Those runs were 2 weeks ago when he keep blowing boots. Intercooler pipes were redone couple days ago. He ran a 10.5 @137 then a 10.7@138

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
Im not hating or trying to start crap and I kbow there are always bugs with a new setup but it wasnt really the First pass on the new setup. More like the first pass without an issue. Awesome build and pass though. Congrats to all involved.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Im not hating or trying to start crap and I kbow there are always bugs with a new setup but it wasnt really the First pass on the new setup. More like the first pass without an issue. Awesome build and pass though. Congrats to all involved.

First Pass would be donw entire track I'd imagine. And we blew boot and coasted to a 11.99 lol.

Those eariler runs I guess you could call first 1/8th mile pass??? haha

also its a new setup. The actual first pass we ran was with street tires, street trim, very mild tune (still engine break in tune), and old twin setup. We seriously rebuilt ALL of the twin piping in 1 night (until 4am next morning to be exact). So first pass? yes and no. Many many things changed in the last 2 weeks.

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
First Pass would be donw entire track I'd imagine. And we blew boot and coasted to a 11.99 lol.

Those eariler runs I guess you could call first 1/8th mile pass??? haha

also its a new setup. The actual first pass we ran was with street tires, street trim, very mild tune (still engine break in tune), and old twin setup. We seriously rebuilt ALL of the twin piping in 1 night (until 4am next morning to be exact). So first pass? yes and no. Many many things changed in the last 2 weeks.

Congrat on the pass guys thats bad ass, awsome mph as well!!!!mike quit posting all what could have beens and small tune break in, there is no break in, you run all out, if you have to break in the motor it was not built right!!!! everyone of us has built stuff at 4,5,6,7 in the morning to make a race or a test and tune, let the truck do the talking guys will stand out farrrrrrr more than all this what could have been your posting. there is noooooooo need to try and justify one hell of a pass newly has earned everybit of that pass now let it ride man!!!!

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Mmlmm-

Yea know what you mean dmitri, just answering to post.

I do the tuning so i know whats in the truck. Yes we rin a breakin tune, thats our technique and looks like its working so far. First runs were for sure shakr down runs we knew that. Last night was our first serious run witb slicks and a moderate tune. We wanted to see where the truck was but still wanted a good pass.

Thanks for the tips and you know we have a good group of haters behind us and we'll just go havr fun. You went thru same internet crap as we are going thru and about to.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Wes now. I was there, tune was waaay clean, lots left to find. D/A reading was 5700 ft, ambient was 101*, and track temps were 120*. Gotta love vegas:D .... tune was a 2600us at 27*.... doesn't sound too hot to me.... still needs a cage but driving it to work would be a pain in the ass then. Kind of a big step to take but it'll happen.

Its all good guys, truck will be back to teh track soon, shootin for some new times.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Congrat on the pass guys thats bad ass, awsome mph as well!!!!mike quit posting all what could have beens and small tune break in, there is no break in, you run all out, if you have to break in the motor it was not built right!!!! everyone of us has built stuff at 4,5,6,7 in the morning to make a race or a test and tune, let the truck do the talking guys will stand out farrrrrrr more than all this what could have been your posting. there is noooooooo need to try and justify one hell of a pass newly has earned everybit of that pass now let it ride man!!!!

A 10.5 will surely break in a motor? I wouldn't know but you should!