First hand gun

Springer415

slowly gettin' nowhere
Nov 10, 2011
Delton, Mi
i have a glock that i got used from a buddy who is a local sherrif, i would not recommend one. The whole safety on the trigger is very touchy if you plan to carry it. shoots like a dream and always consistent though. I think a 9mm is a good first gun very cheep to shoot, 380 are good but a little pricey to just pop off rounds with IMO

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
i have a glock that i got used from a buddy who is a local sherrif, i would not recommend one. The whole safety on the trigger is very touchy if you plan to carry it. shoots like a dream and always consistent though. I think a 9mm is a good first gun very cheep to shoot, 380 are good but a little pricey to just pop off rounds with IMO

What do you mean by touchy? They don't shoot unless you pull the trigger. If you're carrying it, the trigger should be covered by a holster anyway.

Springer415

slowly gettin' nowhere
Nov 10, 2011
Delton, Mi
What do you mean by touchy? They don't shoot unless you pull the trigger. If you're carrying it, the trigger should be covered by a holster anyway.

I know that you never place your finger on the trigger until your ready to shoor but pulling it out or letting others shoot it gets hairy, my dad was trying to get a feel for it and it went off

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
I know that you never place your finger on the trigger until your ready to shoor but pulling it out or letting others shoot it gets hairy, my dad was trying to get a feel for it and it went off

That simply isn't true. If you're having problems like that you need to get some instruction.

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio

Why would you give someone a loaded gun? And yes a glock or just about any of the newer polymer guns if you pull the trigger its going to go off thats what its made to do.

Bakwoodz

Feb 8, 2012
Louisiana
I just heard that the Sig is a much better gun comepaired to the Glock.

Keep the opinions coming fellas, I appericate them.

I wouldn't say that they are BETTER than glocks, some just prefer them over another. I personally don't care for glocks but thats just because I don't like they way they look or feel. that being said they are very nice firearms and VERY reliable. If I were you I wouldn't count a glock out until you shoot a couple. just because your friend doesn't like them doesn't mean you wont.

Bakwoodz

Feb 8, 2012
Louisiana
but pulling it out or letting others shoot it gets hairy, my dad was trying to get a feel for it and it went off

If it gets hairy than your dad or whoever your letting handle your firearms needs supervision and instruction on SAFE handling of firearms. I've let my father in-law learn how to shoot on my sig and XDm (never really shot before) and I never let it get "hairy" or worried about him shooting because he was shown how to handle it before I gave it to him.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
My advice to the OP: don't spend a grand on your first firearm. If your like me your collection will continue to grow so keep the first one reasonable and the price can go up as your taste changes. You can get into a Glock, Springfield XD, or equivalent for around $500 or less and they are great quality and easy to learn on. I don't have anything against Sigs but I would personally never pay close to $1000 for one....no matter the make or the toys on it. For that money you should be looking at something like a 1911 Kimber.

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
RJ I have Robs old S&W 40 and love it. Glock is ok I liked it in a 40 but hated it in a 9 felt way to lite for me to hold. Go to Target Masters up off 202 for the day and just rent a few guns you might like and buy only the ammo you need. It does not cost much to go up there and shoot or rent a gun. I also liked Robs Kimber he got to carry.

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
I have a Browning pro 40, very happy with it. I assume the pro 9 would be just as nice and cheaper to shoot.