LMM: Finally installed cobalt gauges

llybyppe

May 11, 2009
So I finally installed my cobalt gauges and edge insight CS.
Installed boost fuel rail and also the insight on the triple pillar. I like the way it came out but that adaptor for the insight doesn't give you much room to move and adjust it. Not very good but it doesn't bother me to bad. Also had a hard time figuring out where to tap the fuel rail wireing harness so I still have to do that as well. I think it looks sick at night.
3a6uby4a.jpg

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Cant you get a double ended pigtail? Thats how my RP gauge hooked up on my lbz, can't get any more simple than that, my gauge came from ppe though, and they look like azz compared to yours, nice man :thumb:

llybyppe

May 11, 2009
Thanks coco. I had the ppe gauges on my lly and loved them. Might consider going back to them. I bought ppe wire harness for my gauge. Just can't seem to find where it plugs into. That's my proplem. It is a t system that goes inline with your pre existing harness and all you need to do is tie I. Your rail pressure Gauge. It's a nice system but my dumb ass can't find where it ties in

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Should clip in on the firewall side of the passenger fuel rail?:confused:

Thats where mine plugs into.

llybyppe

May 11, 2009
I was down there for like a hour couldn't find it. That's what my buddy Jason said and I couldn't find it. Maybe it's my old age. I don't know. Going to try again today

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
I run the same cobalts and I like them a lot, except at night lol.. damn things are bright, and I've never found a good way to dim them. Maybe someone will chime in and enlighten us on dimming.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Find the passanger side fuel rail. And followed it back to the sensor on the very back. That's where it is. It's in the same place that your fuel pressure relief valve is but on the opposite cylinder bank.... But thinking back to mp8 days ... I actually think the sensor has wires coming on and you need to follow them straight down next to a heat sheild to find the actual harness.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I run the same cobalts and I like them a lot, except at night lol.. damn things are bright, and I've never found a good way to dim them. Maybe someone will chime in and enlighten us on dimming.

Uhh you can always run them into your dimmer switch. I have mine ran into, but never feel the need to dim them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I bought a dimmer switch setup from Isspro to run my EV2's. They are hooked to my dimmer as well but I can dim them more with the extra switch. Was like $20

llybyppe

May 11, 2009
That's what I want to run now as well. Waiting for Ben to release his dsp5 switch gauge thing. Going to look sick
And what's the face for jason

nvrplzd

Sep 3, 2011
West Central MO
You can use a resistor to wire inline (from radio shack) to dim the lights a bit, I've heard of quite a few guys doing this with the cobalts since they're so intense. Usually once you add the resistor it brings them to a more suitable level so you can wire them into the gauge cluster dimmer switch and then be able to dim them via the factory rheostat. (i've always found that led gauges are so bright right out of the box that by the time you get them dimmed to a level more sufficient for night driving the gauge cluster is almost unreadable)

Gauge setup looks great, I'm jealous of your luxury dash.. I had to modify my gauge pod adapter for the cts due to my regular dash lol

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
enlighten me on how to wire them to the factory lights. Do yours dim when the head lights come on?

I used a tap a fuse in dash panel, think it was seo lights, its nice to adjust the gauge lights down to same brightness as the dash gauges then you can use the regular dimmer for all the gauges. lights aren't on without the running/head lights being on

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
the new body styles are a beatch to find a power connection, only spot is the fuse block down on the floor, so i'm not sure where to tap into on the NBS??

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
Gauge setup looks great, I'm jealous of your luxury dash.. I had to modify my gauge pod adapter for the cts due to my regular dash lol

I want to put a CTS in the pillar of my LMM. I wasn't sure it would fit. Are you saying it fits the LTZ trucks?