LML Finally Did what I was told it wont

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Finally after a year of work and determination, I took a basically stock truck and put it into the 12's.
A year ago I was told at an event that these things were to heavy and to square to be fast. I almost started believing them, but after emails and phone calls, I managed to do it.
Saturday at Maple grove had to be the best day for this Duramax, Took Three passes down the track to figure it all out, got the truck to hook and decided to go for broke and dialed a 12.9. Ran consistently at 12.94 the rest of the bracket, made it to the quarters again, After the starter juggled us around I had a Geriatric moment and forgot to put the damn thing back in 4WD and lit the tires, Still ran a 14.1 in 2WD LOL.
Any hoot The truck is getting quicker how much quicker is yet to be seen. I'm quite ecstatic that she popped into the 12's, Gots to give props out to Kory for working with me on getting the tune dialed in just right. She's got more Kory, got to find it
biggrin.gif
Mike L for getting me that Pressure Box, helped immensely on the top end, Ben for that TC Box, Still keeping that TC locked tight
Thumbup19[1].gif

Can't really thank enough of these guys here that do so much for the power.
Yeh I'm Tickled Pink, It does not seem like the time is fast, but for me and a Stock truck it was a big accomplishment as small as it may seem.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Thanks a lot guys, means a lot to me... Was a hard road sort to speak.
I'm still on a stock charger and stock trans and CP4, a couple of electronic mods on the trans and some killer tuning.
A little hard to see darn iPhone doesn't focus well.
http://youtu.be/StCFHubBjAg

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Very cool! Congrats!

At least it only took you one pass to figure out you were in 2 wheel drive... I made 3 passes... I thought Reece put some really badass tuning in because I can't get off the line with out lighting them up. Then I looked down at the 4X button oops. lol

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
Very cool! Congrats!

At least it only took you one pass to figure out you were in 2 wheel drive... I made 3 passes... I thought Reece put some really badass tuning in because I can't get off the line with out lighting them up. Then I looked down at the 4X button oops. lol

I think we all gotta good kick out of that. :D

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
I had a heck of a time trying to get the truck to hook there, How'd ya like the 100' burn out off the line :roflmao: That had me so Ticked, they wet the entire entrance lane. Did it to the guy in the finals as well.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Figured I'd keep a running log on this thread to see just how far I can keep pushing a stock trans, with a couple of suspension tweaks and playing with air pressure, I managed to to cut a 12.8.
60 has to be worked on, but the track was slippery the first half, guess I really should bit the bullet and Heat the rears up some. Something about smoking up $250 radials irks me :D
One thing I did notice is that this Alli like to bring on the power in the second half, I can only imagine what it would be if it would take after the 100 and keep pulling.
I think I can squeak one or more tenth out of it and that's all she wrote.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
The basics, Spare and Tailgate, Go to get in the habit of carrying a 5 Gallon fuel can, every time I get to the track, I'm still above a quarter tank. Gal Got peo'd when I said I wanted to pull the backseat, so it stayed :D

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Planning to go to the track, my 2015 is heavy! Just going to get a baseline

What ended up being your fastest 1/4 with the stock trans?