Final Testing for Emailed LB7 and LLY files

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
EFI Live has released a stable pre-final release version of the software available here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21842-EFILive-RC-1-%28March-01-2013%29&p=187132#post187132

1) This new software/firmware will allow remote tuning of LB7 and LLY controllers with an auto locking feature.

2) The end user will also still be able to flash other files over the locked ecms the same way that DSP5 LBZ and LMM controllers can be flashed even though they are locked from a read, as long as the same V2 or Auto Cal is used to load the new files once auto locked.

3) To all of my current LB7 and LLY customers that have locked ecm's, if you currently have a V2 as well for scanning or data logging, I will be able to email files to you for updates if you choose to go that route in the future, however this requires a replacement ecm to be sent to you unlocked for exchange with the locked ecm being returned to me. I am gathering as many cores as possible to support the updates as quickly as I can.

4) With the auto locking feature enabled now you, the end user will have total control over flashing your ecm. This will require either a V2 be available or you can purchase either a V2 or Auto-Cal from me to get remote tuning.

5) Unfortunately the custom seed key I applied to the pre-tuned ecm cannot be unlocked with the current auto-locking software release and then auto-relocked because when I apply a custom key the current software lacks the capability to enter that custom key into the new file I would send to unlock the ecm for remote flashing.

6) To anyone who wishes to purchase an Auto Cal or V2 that is not a current Ridge Runner Customer you will be able to do so and I will be running some kind of a special again very soon to celebrate this new feature as I am finalizing the bench testing and will continue this weekend with the in vehicle testing.

7) If you already have a V2 and were worried about not being able to change your ecm tunes if you had a locked pre-tuned ecm you will now be able to flash any tuners locked or unlocked tune files over your current unlocked/licensed ecm's or even auto-locked ecm's can be flashed with an unlocked file however the ecm will remain locked from a read/write from any other V2 or Auto Cal.

8) As always for the many customers who want the most cost effective pre-tuned ecm, I will still continue to offer pre-tuned ecm's for all years.

9) Hopefully if you always wanted to try "MOONSHINE" but were never fond of a locked ecm, or possibly wanted to still be able to change your own tunes or try other tunes from friends your wait is over.

:thumb:

A very big thank you goes out to Ross and Paul for all their hard work and dedication to the software with the continued improvements we see.

I am entering my 7th year of business in April 2013, I was part of the original Beta Team in 2005 and never dreamed to be able to do what we do with these trucks...........:thumb:

Thanks for your continued support.

;)

Testing on LB7 controllers is going well !!!

Last edited:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
LB7 Auto Locking for emailed files is working fine.

The newest RC from EFI-Live is available here for download.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21842-EFILive-RC-1-%28March-01-2013%29

A manual update of the firmware is required in order to use the new version of the software.

I have bench tested the Auto Locking on LB7 controllers only, I will be final testing the LB7 pass through flashing in my 2002 vehicle to make sure that the software and V2 firmware changes work fine in the vehicle.

Once I finish that up tomorrow I will be releasing emailed files for LB7's.

I should have the LLY testing finished this coming week and then all Tunes from Ridge Runner Diesel will be available via email.

:thumb:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
LLY Testing is wrapping up this weekend, Paul has released an update to correct the LLY Autolocking, I am testing this and if all goes well will be the final updates needed.

I am going to extend the emailed special for all controllers thru mid May.

$279 emailed for LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM.

As always they can be bundled with an Autocal or V2.

Just use the current public release here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22369-EFILive-RC-2-(March-28-2013)