Filter head rebuild.

TexasRob

Dec 19, 2012
Canyon Lake Texas
Been having loss of prime. Thought is was a clogged filter but I have developed a leak on the filter head. Was wondering if the rebuild kit would fix this leak or if I need to source a new filter head. The leak is out of the priming plunger.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
If you have a Fass or Airdog, just get rid of the factory filter and filterhead. I took mine off several years ago and have had zero problems.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
If you have a Fass or Airdog, just get rid of the factory filter and filterhead. I took mine off several years ago and have had zero problems.
Mine is getting removed today, just make sure your lift pump has as good or better filter than the factory one. I'm tired of fighting the filter in the factory location.

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If there was ever water in your fuel lines then rust could of formed in them and by removing the filter on the motor it would give whatever is in your lines a straight path to your expensive injectors and fuel system. I won't do it unless I run all new lines

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
If there was ever water in your fuel lines then rust could of formed in them and by removing the filter on the motor it would give whatever is in your lines a straight path to your expensive injectors and fuel system. I won't do it unless I run all new lines

So, I guess that water separator filter on the AD's and Fass are a good thing

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I rebuilt mine after it started leaking pretty good. The o ring on the heating element was broken. Then my priming pump started leaking right away. Maybe it always was, but after ordering another set of o rings it still leaked. I have a new filter housing coming now. While installing the newest orings

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Oops

I looked all over for cracks never saw one. It would even hold suction against my finger after putting the o rings in.

TexasRob

Dec 19, 2012
Canyon Lake Texas
I Finally had time to look into my truck today. I'm pretty sure I found the source of the leak. Right next to the inlet there is a crack. Haven't had time to source a replacement. I also developed a boost leak. I only hear it above 2500 rpm. All these problems haw started since I got my company truck. Guess she don't like me driving the 6.7. :mad:

2003Duramaxlb7

May 4, 2014
Pensacola,FL
I'll add Autozone also Carry's these rebuild kits. For 23.99 Part Number: 904-124

I went to Napa and pulled up at like 4:58 they were already walking out of the door.. So I had to go to AZ