LBZ: feels like limp mode, then takes off and pulls hard

Wyo

Dec 14, 2011
If I should post this somewhere else let me know please. Not real familiar with the site yet

I have a 06 LBZ, head gaskets where bad and a shop f'd it up so it came to me and I fixed it (shop didn't adjust valves and messed up the #6 intake valves)
So I get it together and runs good but one thing.
When you stand on it it wont hardly go, you can power break it but then try and go and your luck to hit 65mph in a 1/4. But usually around 45mph it up and cuts loose then pulls like no other lbz i've seen all the way to the governer and will hold it.
usually if your above 50 and go WOT it will down shift and pull but if your below 45mph it hesitates until it speeds up.
It has once or twice taken off like it should from the bottom but not likely as well as it has taken as long as 80mph before it cuts loose.

It almost feels like the waste gate is sticking then it shuts, or fuel isn't regulating. But last time I had it on the scanner demands where being met

This is a weird one, I'm going to look at some other things with the scanner but any help would be great.
It had a bd exhaust break, I completely disabled it thinking maybe it was the problem, it has a fass lift pump,(no filter style), seems to be working right but not sure, going to bypass it to see.
AEM, intake, tried a different maf sensor, no change.
Put stock exhaust on, no change.

Before the other shop put head gaskets on it ran great, just pressured the coolant. So my guess is with the intake valves stuck open it was throwing that fuel back through the system and made a carbon goop mess out of everything and the turbo vains/waste gate isn't working right. Which I'm not real familiar with but should be hard to learn.
It also doesn't smoke (no cat on exhaust) so if the turbo was bad I figure it would dump fuel but its not, it doesn't even demand the fuel. When it does go, it immediately boost to around 25lbs.
Its like going from a v6 to hitting NOS when it cuts loose

Any ideas, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: