LML Faulty Coolant Tank?

shooter5635

Jun 18, 2017
So I got the low coolant message on my ‘13. Sure enough the coolant on the driver side of the tank is below the “low” line. No coolant on the passenger side. Before I tracked down the leak I wanted to top off the coolant.

I pulled the cap and it was full... If I tried putting anymore coolant into the system it filled the overflow on the passenger side, yet the level on the driver side is a couple inches under “low”.

I tried the method of starting the vehicle and letting it warm up with the cap off but the coolant rises and fills the pass side of the tank. No change on the driver side. Tried driving the truck at temp so the thermostats cycle. No change.

No rough running issues. Upper rad hose is nice and soft after sitting all night. 45,XXX miles.

Is there a chance my tank is faulty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Yes. Sounds like just the tank sensor is bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
My truck went back and forth with the low coolant message for about 10k miles and I only added to it once or twice. Another 5k later I put a water pump in and never had another issue but there's been other people with similar issues to yours and never had a leak.