Fastest zf truck on record

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I think the biggest problem is that no one has built one that mean to race. How many 900 1000 hp zfs are running around setup for the strip. Most are pullers. When u get a clutch mean enough to handle extreme power it gets to be a challenge on the street. Nothing I'd be concerned with

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
I think the biggest problem is that no one has built one that mean to race. How many 900 1000 hp zfs are running around setup for the strip. Most are pullers. When u get a clutch mean enough to handle extreme power it gets to be a challenge on the street. Nothing I'd be concerned with

True

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Wonder how much he hacked out to put her on a diet.

As far as i know, it isnt chopped up at all. Still had the power Escalade seats in it when we sold it to him. It actually is a really, really nice clean truck. Was like brand new. I know Dirk switched out the XD wheels to some super light Weld's and was running some good tires. After Dirk re built the motor with some more goodies, Caleb re-dyno tuned it for him.

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Not stripped at all. Seeing this thread almost makes me regret selling my zf6. I know there is a servo powered zf6 out there. Idk if it's being used or testing still. Dirks record while it'll be a challenge and expensive can be beat. I'm pretty certain like Subman said a 10.99 could be achieved on a zf6 if someone had the funds and wanted to make a zf6 drag truck bad enough. Dirk is running a stock cam (to my knowledge) and with a zf6 moving the power band higher in the rpm will certainly benefit massively. Another hugeeeee gain is Dirks fastest pass was on a 2.0 60. Now I know he launched in fourth to save a, shift but from the video he was on hardly any boost when he left the line. If you could get it to boost 10 - 20 lbs off the line and get a 1.6-1.75 60 in fourth I have no doubt with that kind of power he would of made it into the 10.99 list. I've been working toward putting together a truck to specifically do that exact goal but got bored and gave up the whole project. Sorry to rant :)

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Weeeelllll if i told you i guess id have to kill you! Its not a good deal the guy wants 5500. Injectors are bad, the truck has a few dents, 350,000 "highway miles", Supposed to be no rust on the cab corners or rockers.

Iv seen this truck, he's been selling it for a while. Its a crazy 2 tone blue color correct?

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Someone in the northeast has a zf6 that's to my knowledge shifted with solenoids. All is needed is launch and tap shift. I won't name him because idk if he wants it to be known but I haven't heard if the truck is up and running or not. From what I remember it shifts about 1 tenth of a second slower then an Allison. Pretty cool setup and certainly has its place if it works correctly

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That is pretty damn cool. :thumb:

Caleb was about the fastest I ever saw, but Darius was extremely fast, too. I remember how he used to shift his truck when he was running his 12.50s.
Takes a lot of coordination to row gears that fast w/o missing a shift.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I talked to that guy. He said he had the air pressure low testing it in that video. It slams gears way harder than that

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
I saw that setup in person badass to say the least he's like a mad scientist his current Zf truck is awesome as well but he's for that air shifter stuff on the shelf for now

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Well I'm glad there's more details on it. I don't feel like that would be a legit trans to use to break the record. I do feel like that trans would hold a cap ton of power and be a great transmission to use if anyone was to ever make a road course duramax.