LB7: Fastest stock turbo lb7?

nightmax

Jul 31, 2016
phx az
I'm pretty sure this truck just keeps getting heavier with each and everytime the story is told :roflmao:

What’s your grief with me? I’ve never met you or talked to you ever I drive a truck down a track and now I’m criticized for it. The truck weights 5400-5500 pounds without me in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chavez91

People Go Outside?
May 30, 2012
Heh. Wouldn't you like to know
What’s your grief with me? I’ve never met you or talked to you ever I drive a truck down a track and now I’m criticized for it. The truck weights 5400-5500 pounds without me in it

:confused::confused:

Everytime the story has been told elsewhere be it by you or other people, different weights have been used. That's a simple fact. Lol

So thanks for clarifying.

nightmax

Jul 31, 2016
phx az
:confused::confused:

Everytime the story has been told elsewhere be it by you or other people, different weights have been used. That's a simple fact. Lol

So thanks for clarifying.

55xx is what it weight next time it’s at the track i will get you exact numbers

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Actually, yes it is. Less weight = free hp

Do more with less. ;) Thats called "smart".

Thats especially important when running a stock engine.

Lol you don't think I know that Tom? I've been well into the 11s on stock engines. But due to the fact of the weight it's simply not impressive.. it's exactly what any healthy 525rwhp stock turbo, stock fuel LB7 should be at with that weight with a good 60', but it's got dual fuelers and a 60hp shot too. Yes it's always an accomplishment to get a truck into the 11s on the stock turbo don't get me wrong, but I'll let you do the math from the power you were making on fuel only back in the day but put it only for 5500-5550lbs... impressive right?

Untill this truck gets into the 11.40-11.50s there's nothing to brag about here other then it's another 11 second truck on the stock motor which is awesome (congrats nightmax). But only making 470ish to the wheels on #2 only I don't see what's impressive.. but hell like Josh said, it gets heavier everytime its mentioned :confused:

nightmax

Jul 31, 2016
phx az
Lol you don't think I know that Tom? I've been well into the 11s on stock engines. But due to the fact of the weight it's simply not impressive.. it's exactly what any healthy 525rwhp stock turbo, stock fuel LB7 should be at with that weight with a good 60', but it's got dual fuelers and a 60hp shot too. Yes it's always an accomplishment to get a truck into the 11s on the stock turbo don't get me wrong, but I'll let you do the math from the power you were making on fuel only back in the day but put it only for 5500-5550lbs... impressive right?

Untill this truck gets into the 11.40-11.50s there's nothing to brag about here other then it's another 11 second truck on the stock motor which is awesome (congrats nightmax). But only making 470ish to the wheels on #2 only I don't see what's impressive.. but hell like Josh said, it gets heavier everytime its mentioned :confused:

Hopefully next time it’s out we can get down into the mid-low 11s ultimately the goal is to go faster and faster just like every driver.

nightmax

Jul 31, 2016
phx az
And again I’m not posting on here to be the most impressive truck I’m here to pick peoples brains and learn more to make the truck faster

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Hopefully next time it’s out we can get down into the mid-low 11s ultimately the goal is to go faster and faster just like every driver.
Yep, incremental steps. In other words.....doing it the smart way.

Also not sure how far stock lb7 injectors can be pushed? Any idea
I am not a tuner, but with a good CP3 they'll handle 3200us and over 30* timing. I personally wouldnt go that far, though.

And again I’m not posting on here to be the most impressive truck I’m here to pick peoples brains and learn more to make the truck faster
Dont pay those guys any nevermind. Not worth the bother.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

Dont pay those guys any nevermind. Not worth the bother.

Ya sometimes guys just want to fine stuff to pick at. Just ignore the picking and move on.

He right your not making that great of power. Why don't you tell us where your at with your tuning. What your pulse and what rail is it holding?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

nightmax

Jul 31, 2016
phx az
Ya sometimes guys just want to fine stuff to pick at. Just ignore the picking and move on.

He right your not making that great of power. Why don't you tell us where your at with your tuning. What your pulse and what rail is it holding?

I’ll have to call And see where it’s at. Rail is 26.4 I believe

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
If your holding 26 you can throw a bit more fuel at it. I think the LB7s where ok until you got below 19????

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If your holding 26 you can throw a bit more fuel at it. I think the LB7s where ok until you got below 19????

20k is about where you start losing out. I agree, if the truck is holding 26, his tuner can keep going. Just gotta watch adding too much fuel at this point.

It's all fun and games til the rods bend.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Its still fun, though. :hehe: My nephew was bringing up my Dmax today at family Xmas....its been 7 years now since she's gone down the track. Damn. Time flies.

I was losing power around 21k rail, but that was with a single stock CP3. Lowered pulse to 2800us, kept timing at 28* and bingo...rail came back up to 22k+ and power came back.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Man I love threads like this. Learn more and more every day. Love the numbers too on pulse width and timing and such. The more ya know :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
20k is about where you start losing out. I agree, if the truck is holding 26, his tuner can keep going. Just gotta watch adding too much fuel at this point.

It's all fun and games til the rods bend.

You loose power any time you are below desired. It just drops off worse and worse as pressure decreases. The hp loss isn’t linear as rail drops. BUT it’s good knowledge that anything less than 3k below desired is a good drop in power. I’ve seen dyno/track numbers that show a good 50-75hp loss with a 3k difference in pressure from desired