LB7: Fans and TCM Tune

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Had my first hook in the next class up this weekend, and drove my truck to the pull no fan on the front because the rules require no engine driven fans. ECT was in check the whole way there (190) but trans got a bit warm with the blanket on and the fan off (200). I let it warm up too much and then hooked, and ECT got warm again, too warm for my liking (225) so I am going to throw a fan on it for the next hook. Would one of the taurus or mark V lincoln fans work?? I will not be towing with this truck until the fall if at all, so blanket will be off. Any ideas/suggestions

My TCM tune has worked OK for the last season, starts in 1st shifts to 2nd at 1 mph and then 3rd, but I am hoping to get either a 2nd gear or 3rd gear start so it has one less shift. Suggestions to do the 2nd gear start??

Thanks

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Had my first hook in the next class up this weekend, and drove my truck to the pull no fan on the front because the rules require no engine driven fans. ECT was in check the whole way there (190) but trans got a bit warm with the blanket on and the fan off (200). I let it warm up too much and then hooked, and ECT got warm again, too warm for my liking (225) so I am going to throw a fan on it for the next hook. Would one of the taurus or mark V lincoln fans work?? I will not be towing with this truck until the fall if at all, so blanket will be off. Any ideas/suggestions

My TCM tune has worked OK for the last season, starts in 1st shifts to 2nd at 1 mph and then 3rd, but I am hoping to get either a 2nd gear or 3rd gear start so it has one less shift. Suggestions to do the 2nd gear start??

Thanks

What are you wanting to know bout the 2nd gr start? I have many stock turbo trucks running it. I'm doing 3rd gr start.

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
I got help with one from you last year but it still shifts 1-2 even at such a low speed i have to ease it out of the whole and I think I am loosing length doing so!

Frankin_truck

Nov 22, 2013
Rob talk to cam he can make you a 3rd gear start tune in 30 seconds for real we did mine in that time just before I pulled in Fergus lol