Factory Nav in a 06' Denali

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
I'm not sure if this 2006 Denali is able to play DVD's in the factory nav unit in the dash. It has the RSE that works fine. I insert a DVD movie in the head unit and it doesn't even read the DVD. I figured it would play the movie while in park at the least. I don't want to get the lockpick kit if it's not going to work. I've searched and only been able to find a slight bit of info. Still confused on what's happening with it. It does have a Ipod conection that I figured out how to work. There is a switch on the dash as well. Haven't looked into that one either. I did see what looks to be hook up for subs in the back but i'm not sure what i'm looking at either. I just need some info on the Nav unit so I don't have to tear the dash out and get the part number because I don't have access to a Tech 2. Thanks

I found this link for the nav unit. I says it will NOT play DVD's, so........I don't know what i'm going to do.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-egHKwbGOtHG/p_040TNR4001/Delphi-TNR800.html

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Nope...those dont play DVDs on their own. IIRC, Ben figured out how to plug an external DVD player up to one and use it as a screen, though.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
Nope...those dont play DVDs on their own. IIRC, Ben figured out how to plug an external DVD player up to one and use it as a screen, though.

I was gonna try and figure out how to connect it with the rear DVD player so the front one could be used as a screen but the DVD player in the rear would actually be playing the the DVD. It involved wire's and electricity so I quit:rofl:

What you got Ben?