Fabtech lift questions

djms

Dec 25, 2006
Houston tx area
First of all can a 6" fabtech be returned to stock easily? And does the lift cause the front wheels to stick out further. My bro has a lift I think its a trailmaster and his sits out 2.5" further on each side roughly and I would like something that is closer to the factory specs. Also if it cant be returned to stock can it be lowered to like a 4" lift? Thanks James

Last edited:

9W3-HD

Just another Duramax dude
May 29, 2009
Fort Collins COLORADO
It depends if the lift has the new spindels, the new fabtechs keep the wheels in fairly close...1.5 inch maybe..not real sure about that though. With most lifts they can be returned, the only thing that gets cut is the front diff mounting brackets, so you would have to buy a bracket that bolts on the front diff so it can be mounted in the stock location..not sure who makes it though.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
It will make the tires stick out if it's a spindle lift as it'll make the track width wider. It can probably be lowered down to 4"-5" because you have to crank the tb's to be 6". You'll have to cut the front diff crossmember out and cut the ear off the diff but you could weld the crossmember back in and cognito sells a bracket to replace the ear on the diff so yes you could return it back to stock.

mmangels22

Monty Python Rules.
Feb 12, 2009
San Jose, CA
You can do it but it depends on how much you are willing to spend. I think just getting a 4 inch lift done would be a better idea.

Last edited: