external waste gate?????

pocketchange06lbz

Jul 2, 2012
Westport MA
im in the process of putting a s475 on a duramax modified pulling tractor just curious if you guys think i should be running a external waste gate do to the charger being fixed w/o a gate if what size and brand do you guys recommend???? thanks for the help

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
How much fuel and are their plans for major fuel upgrades if they are not already done?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Last time I talked to Jeremy he said it was stock fueled.

if he plans to keep the fueling system stock, i wouldnt worry about it. if he plans at all or is even thinking about upgrading the fuel system, i would go ahead and gate it so its ready and waiting for the time to come.

He managed to destroy the 66mm after a couple of runs.....

Doesnt mean the charger its self went bad or had issues. a 66mm is pretty well matched for a stock healthy fuel system so i suspect other things caused that.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Doesnt mean the charger its self went bad or had issues. a 66mm is pretty well matched for a stock healthy fuel system so i suspect other things caused that.
Agreed, could be the turbo had a problem, but what could a wastegate hurt.... I was going to do a 44mm tial wastegate, but I didn't do twins so I said forget it for now.

pocketchange06lbz

Jul 2, 2012
Westport MA
yea it is stock fuel for now but we have plans to upgrade fuel system over the off season so i could also add a gate at that same time i dont see it being a problem with stock fuel but thats what i said about the 66.