Exhaust

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I would 100% put a downpipe on at the same time. They really do have a nasty screeching sound when you get on with the stock DP. The aftermarket ones pretty much get rid of the sound. Pro Fab (a vendor on here) sells a really nice DP for around $150 shipped. Excellent quality and fit.

ChadS

Nov 27, 2012
west bend wisconsin
I think after the exhaust and down pipe i'll go for the efi live.

Now going with out a muffler do you get that (not sure how to explain it) detoning noise in the cab were your head feels like its rattling? As long as theres no serious cab noise I'll go with out muffler.

My other question is how hard is it to install down pipe? Is it just bolt on? Can be done with one person? Id rather not have to have the exhaust and dp done by mechanics but im pretty sure if i do decide to do it, i'll be on my own. From what im told the 5' is a tight fit and probably kinda heavy and seeing as i dont have access to a lift im sure the task could be rather hard.

turbo_bu

Mar 27, 2007
Central IL
Chad

If you are thinking about the MBRP in Black you can contact a dealer and it can be ordered in black with no muffler. I personally like the 5" with a muffler and the 4" without.

I've heard that there can be quite a bit of drone for some reason with an LB7 and no muffler. I only do a little bit of towing, but was thinking of going with a 4" system and no muffler. How bad is the drone without the muffler on an LB7 truck (CCSB if it matters). BTW - I typically like loud exhaust anyway, but since the wife/kids have to ride in it, a very noticable drone probably won't fly.

streetwise

Dec 8, 2009
Springfield OH
I did not notice much drone with the 4" no muffler on my lb7, the only time was towing heavy with steep grades but it was not enough for the wife to complain.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I put a 4in turbo back straight pipe magnaflow kit on my dads lb7. Its nice sounding but way louder inside the cab then my lbz Turbo back straight pipe.
I would go 5in Turbo back with the down pipe and no muffler. I like the way it sounds.

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Chad

If you are thinking about the MBRP in Black you can contact a dealer and it can be ordered in black with no muffler. I personally like the 5" with a muffler and the 4" without.

That's cool, I tried to ask Magnaflow to do the same thing and they said no.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
picked up a very high temp paint supposed to hold up to 2,000 degrees and It is holding fine and for $8 can't beat it if it chips and needs to be repainted.