Exhaust?

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
Im not sure if im in the right place for my question but here it goes. I have an 05 gmc 2500 hd and i want to put exhaust on it. Ive already asked what type and i know i want 4" turbo back to dual 4" to 5" or 6" tips. What's the difference between getting an mbrp kit, a diamond kit, or just having a place bend it and install it for me?
And u know i can spell at all so sorry if theres a bunch of spelling mistakes

js05sierrahd

May 25, 2010
Highland Lakes, NJ
I wouldn't go the custom route unless you know someone who is going to do it for a steal (like under $300) Most exhaust shops use old school pipe benders that crimp/kink pipe. All the big name kits are mandrel bent and flow much smoother. Another route would be have it custom fabricated all welded out of straight and off the shelf bent pipe sections, but that would set you back a bunch of $$.

Unless your looking for something different, just buy yourself any kit to your liking and you should be more than happy... I have an MBRP 4" turbo back single 409 Stainless & a Diamond Eye down pipe and am very happy with it.

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
^^X2

I would also take a look at just a single. Some of the dual kits have clearance issues around the spare tire.

I have installed both Banks and Diamond Eye 4" exhaust systems. The 409ss Banks kit was nicer and quieter (if you are looking for that type of thing), but cost over twice as much as the aluminized Diamond Eye I put on Emma....it just depends on what you want.