Exhaust Manifold Porting/Polishing

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I know people are interested in this so I wanted to put it out there for everybody. I meant to do it a LONG time ago but time gets away from a guy. :(

About 9 - 10 months ago we traveled back up to ND to bring all my tools to our new house; new to us that is. I knew this would be a great opportunity to see how porting/polishing the stock passenger & LML exhaust manifold would do towing.

Weight of the pickup and load was 24,000lbs is I remember right; trailer was 20ft long with 7 1/2' sides.
Mod's done to the pickup are; build transmission, S366, EFI live, 4" exhaust, stock up pipes, lift pump, etc. Nothing crazy just the usual.

Cruising down the road my EGT's were 50-100 degree's lower than before; but what I noticed more was how they would drop quicker then before when they weren't ported/polished when I would let off the throttle.

Nothing earth shattering but every little bit to help flow is good in my opinion. More flow = more efficiency which can equal more safe horsepower at lower EGT's.

For those after all our performance in high horse power and larger single turbo's then aftermarket manifolds and up pipes would more than likely be a better fit; which I can help you out with. But for those at 500-600hp this would be a good complement to your system.

Here's the link to all the photo's for those interested.
http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/satrom01/media/DSCN0489_zps5533bd7c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

If you're interested or need something else just let me know.

Yellowchevy

DSCN0489_zps5533bd7c.jpg

DSCN0455_zps78382fd7.jpg

DSCN0441_zps80eb2d89.jpg

DSCN0458_zps1506a6f9.jpg

DSCN0457_zps8d060efd.jpg

DSCN0466_zps178cb91a.jpg

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
whats the cost my friend? :D

For you James 2 cases of ice house!!!!! hahaha

Basic Option
Ported/Polished, No paint, shipped to your door
$275

Finished Option
Ported/Polished, Sand blaster & painted, shipped to your door
$370

This assumes people send me their manifolds to do the work but as always I can supply a passenger side & driver side LML manifold if needed.

Yellowchevy

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
For you James 2 cases of ice house!!!!! hahaha

Basic Option
Ported/Polished, No paint, shipped to your door
$275

Finished Option
Ported/Polished, Sand blaster & painted, shipped to your door
$370

This assumes people send me their manifolds to do the work but as always I can supply a passenger side & driver side LML manifold if needed.

Yellowchevy

oh dont tempt me with a good time :hug: :D