Exergy 60s, what to expect?

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Just dropped my truck off to have the injectors removed and sent to Exergy. I'm doing this for the same reason as most, to get my pulse down, but what else can I expect to change? I've heard they may help with spoolup a little and response. Not that it matters but it would be an added bonus if I gained a little power. What do most of you see change when going bigger on injectors?

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Often times the full throttle fueling gets turned back to a safe number where you make similar power as you do now, with lower pulse and timing values, though the lower end never really gets turned down appropriately(read: same act quantity as stock) unless they are using much bigger injectors(i.e. 100%+), and you are forced to do so at least moderately. You often hear reports of faster spool, or better low end power and throttle response, because it really is getting more fuel & heat in spool conditions.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
After installing Exergy modded injectors my truck ran and idled a whole lot smoother and quieter!
I'd say it did have better spool up, slightly lower cruising EGT's and slightly better fuel economy as well!

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I've heard claims of more power and really just couldn't see how that could be so unless maybe a minimal gain from being able to refine tuning. Like I mentioned in my opening post the reason for getting them is for a little safety. Cant remember what my pulse is but I'm pretty sure its as high as it can be and still hold rail.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
With the sixty overs you could run a 2000us and have about the same fuelung as with the 3200. It will be stronger in pretty much every area. Less throttle a accomplish the same feel. You will probably say it us one if the best modes that you did.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
I agree with Damian! I Love mine truck runs great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
All sounds great. I really thought it was going to be an expense just to make my tuning safer, maybe have a slightly different feel. Cant wait to get the truck back now! Damian, I see you have a built engine and CP3X2 and still run 60% overs. Glad to see there is some room to grow with them also.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
All sounds great. I really thought it was going to be an expense just to make my tuning safer, maybe have a slightly different feel. Cant wait to get the truck back now! Damian, I see you have a built engine and CP3X2 and still run 60% overs. Glad to see there is some room to grow with them also.

Indeed! I ran 11:45 at elevation on a 2400us tune. I can't wait to try 2800. I think at sea level I've got a good shot at a 10:99. 60s are capable of quite a bit. That said.... If any part of you feels like you will build the motor at some point, use this as your opportunity to go big. Many tuners can dial in 100s as well.

Frankin_truck

Nov 22, 2013
I also love my energy 60's. I run tunes from kory and they are really clean very little smoke. I found my fuel mileage was a little less then stock but not by much

nc-12vpower

Mar 25, 2013
NC
i have heard the 100s will be safer than the 60s. Because the pulse will be even lower. I believe its only $200 difference between 60s and 100s. Plus it will allow you more room to grow if you ever decide to built you motor. Just throwing out the information i have gathered.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
So does exergy just change the nozzles? Or are you getting a whole new injector?
They modify the original nozzle. They do baseline tests before disassembly and modification though. So you know if Exergy is sending you a set of injectors they are all good to go.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
They modify the original nozzle. They do baseline tests before disassembly and modification though. So you know if Exergy is sending you a set of injectors they are all good to go.

I had been looking into who to use when I upgrade injectors. Energy kept coming up. Only hear good things so I think I've made up my mind.

Thx. Let the 60/100 debate continue.