EFILive Electronic gurus please help

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I would like to know what I need to log drive pressure with the v2 scan tool. I have always used analog gauges in the past to monitor boost and drive pressure and make housing or wheel adjustments accordingly. But I would like to be able to log boost and and drive at the same time on the scan tool to better understand and make adjustments to the vvt in my twin setup.

Part numbers and place to buy said instruments would be awesome! Thanks.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
I am also very interested in the specifics of whats need to do this the simplest way. Egt logging/drive pressure/fuel pressure.

Theres a thread that pat started years ago i believe but doesnt have very many spefic details if i remember correctly.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
So has anyone found one that will hold up to the heat and soot from being used as a drive pressure gauge?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Not sure of any aftermarket that are specific to exhaust pressure, but you'll probably have to run a filter and/or a tube for heat dissipation if you use a regular boost sensor. With the right sensor you shouldn't need a filter, the factory Cummins EMP sensor just uses a short tube for heat. Most accurate reading would be to tap into the turbo pedestal.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I have had my Isspro drive presuure gauge plumbed in for about 2 years with no problem. I used 3' of copper tubing coiled and have no fluttering and no issues with the sender.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Haha ya thanks for the info. Harbin,jk, or catman do you guys log drive pressure or just watch it on the gauge. The op and I are kinda looking for a straight forward method on how to log drive pressure, egts, fuel pressure and what not. What thermocouple to buy, what voltage boost gauge and all that happy stuff.

Last edited:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I use the road rage diesel warrior. I find it very accurate and it logs constanyly.
The down side is it looks a bit antiquated.
They are very affordable and the company provides great support.

from mobile

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
I use the road rage diesel warrior. I find it very accurate and it logs constanyly.
The down side is it looks a bit antiquated.
They are very affordable and the company provides great support.

from mobile

I thought you made that up until i googled it :roflmao:

Id like to be able to log via the v2. Im in no hurry but would like to have the correct info by the time spring comes. Trying to figure out a sure fire method that guys are running so i dont have to try 4 different setups before i get it right.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Right. Exactly what muff said. I want it integrated into my efil log so at any point in the log I can compare boost and drive pressure and know exactly what rpm and fuel rate it was at at the time so I can make adjustments to it since I'm running a vvt still.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2