LB7: Electrical issues

JimmyMac

Sep 1, 2015
No codes, but displays "passenger door ajar" and "right rear door ajar". Curtesy lamp will not go out (except with switch), AMP steps will not retract, auto lock does not work on right side, and alarm will not sound a verification when activated. Checked fuses and connectors, did not locate issue. Anyone there have suggestions. Left side works fine as near as I can tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
You wont have a blown fuse. Everything is working as it should. You have wire rub making it complete the circuit. Wiggle the wires and try to isolate the rub. I know how it works but i dont know how to explain the fix for you.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Knowing the year of the truck would help, but essentially what Budneeds2beers said is the solution. You need to trace the door sensor wires and look for pinches or rubbed through sections that are touching other wires or metal. The truck thinks both right doors are open, and that explains all your other symptoms. So sort that out, and the rest of your issues will disappear.

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
As is stated above, it could be a wire rub, but you may have 2 issues. The "...door ajar", and dome light issue may be a bad body control module. It cost me a lot of $$ one time to get the dome light to go off....

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Have you had any water intrusion into that side of the cab? Could be the data wiring circuit has some corrosion in it.

Last edited:

JimmyMac

Sep 1, 2015
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Duramax w/Allison transmission. Most of you are on track - Thanks. TheBac was the closest. Had AMP steps installed 11 Years ago and the installer did not adequately waterproof the connector. Dried off, cleaned it up, weatherproofed it, and back on the road. Thanks for the feedback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro