egr stuck open

duramaxxx06

Aug 11, 2009
jasper tn
im pretty sure that my egr valve is stuck open. ive been procrastinating about the delete but hadn't got to it. i think now is the time. i was wondering if it will cause my truck to go into limp or anything to that matter? also. what are the benefits to the pressure regulator shim on a stock ish truck? ive been looking for the install thread but cant find it. :confused:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Moved here.:D

You don't really need to shim unless you are having a hard time maintaining rail pressure. On a pretty much stock LBZ/LMM with a mild tune you likely won't need to do this mod.

As far as the egr, you can block it off if you don't want to do the full delete and the only code you should get is the P0401 for insufficient egr flow due to the blocked plate. If the code can't be shut off with your bully dog, you can get a finger stick to keep the code from popping up. Either way, it shouldn't put you in limp mode, only turn on your check engine light (CEL).

duramaxxx06

Aug 11, 2009
jasper tn
thanks for the move! the light doesnt bother me right now because its staying on all the time with P0402. and i had heard people talking about it but didnt know if it would actually make any more power. thanks for the info!

BENHASBOOST

Jan 21, 2010
las vegas
the delete is just something to keep crud from building up in the intake/engine. ive also heard that if the hot air from recirculated exhaust isnt going into the enine, then the engine will respond better with lower intake temps.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Did you ever block it off. I'm sure if it was really stuck open you would have a hell of a time trying to build any boost

Wendy's is stuck open and has been since she was 4 months old. I was able to build boost but I do have a blocker plate installed. I got a check engine light until Pat was able to shut it off with EFILive.