EFILive DSP bug or something else?

Black6spdZ

Aug 7, 2009
Here's a good one. There shouldn't be any combination of parameters commanding EGR ON in my tune yet going back over a log the ECM is using the EGR ON vane position table although it was for sure using the EGR OFF commanded Boost table.. I had to go over it a few times just to be sure but thats exactly what it is doing.. been trying to track down a P0299 code all night at the track and making changes to the EGR off vane table and all along it has been using the ON.. what gives? Is this some kind of EFILive bug? Here are the values used in this tune. BTW, I was using the largest "base" tune and all EGR hardware is gone. This is an LMM OS 52628594

Attachments

• egr.png
    egr.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 18

Black6spdZ

Aug 7, 2009
Just so I can prove the point further I've made a couple screen caps.. one is the log and the egr on table on left, and off table on the right. take a close look at the actual and desired vane % compared to the lookup on the two tables.

Second is the log on the same frame, egr on desired boost table on the left and egr off on the right. You can clearly see on the log the desired boost is being pulled from the egr off table exactly as it should!

Attachments

• vane-lookup_egr-on-left_egr-off-right.png
    vane-lookup_egr-on-left_egr-off-right.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 20
  • boost-lookup_egr-on-left_egr-off-right.png
    boost-lookup_egr-on-left_egr-off-right.png
    157.9 KB · Views: 17

Killerbee

Got Honey?
Post actual logs, not screenprints. They are not legible.

It doesn't matter what your settings are (trust me, they don't work predictably) if your log shows an EGR opening. I assume you no blocker? Suffice that you can't get decent boost when the EGR is open. I will share from my experience, that if you zero out the EGR flow tables, this will cause problems. I have no idea if that is what you are running into (you haven't posted a tun file).

vern

May 25, 2008
PA
I had the same problem with a lbz, we put a blocker plate in it, works great!