Help: EFI update issue

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
I downloaded the most recent update for efi live off of their website. Because, I went to pull my stock TCM tune to be sent to atp. It gave an error telling to download v8 and update the firmware in HAPI. Well I did all that and now....It wont recognize the v2 cable every now and again. Its still saying I need to download v8 and update the firmware in HAPI. Also my v2 will power on but it runs extremly slow...even using the F keys takes a while to open up diagnostic's and other things. I dont know what to do, Im stumped. And i need to get my stocker to Rob cause he is waiting and so am I. Help please!!

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
I had issues with ECMs a couple weeks ago and EFI instructed me to use the Pre-release Candidate versions of V8 and V7. Might be something to try?

First things first, you need to make sure you are running the latest software, firmware and bootblock. They can be found here http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

Having a mismatch of software/firmware will cause issues, so it's really important to be running a suite of software that matches. The latest releases are:

EFILive V7.5.7 Build 180
EFILive V8.2.1 Build 170
FlashScan/AutoCal V2.07.22

You'll find a guide in our knowledge base on how to upgrade your software/firmware here. http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949

Brian (Tanc Crusher) has written a really good step by step guide from a user perspective on how to upgrade everything also, and how they all inter-relate. It was posted here and I think it may even be a sticky, but I'm not sure if it's being maintained on this site. It is being constantly updated on Diesel Place and is in the EFILive subforum as a sticky there if you need it.

Try connecting after that and see how you go. We have another knowledge base article on reading ECM/TCM/PCM's that you may find helpful if you are still having issues. You will find that here http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8254-QOGC-9586

You've said you had problems with your TCM, but how did you go with your ECM? and can you perform other functions like read/clear codes?

Cheers
Cindy

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
ECM and TCM reading was the same. Each time i went to do a calibrated flash of the ECM or just a read of the TCM. It gives an error saying that i need to download latest version of v8 and update firmware in Hapi. I did the firmware update and its all recent date's. The v2 will read and clear codes but it is extremely SLOW.

Last edited:

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
Flashcan V2 boot block: Version: 2.07.03 date July 25, 2011 and it says it's ok

FlashScan V2 Firmware 2.07.22 date Aug 23, 2011 and it says its ok.

And I gave both builds installed on my computer and still....nothing.

Last edited:

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
Didnt have the latest build of v7.5. Thats what was causing my problems with reading and flashing. And the v2 was running slow because I had the sd card in.

Thanks to Sledhead, cindy and Huge thanks to Ira on EFI board. I called him and he walked me right through it. Everything is in working order, and wouldnt have been without him.