efi hardware question..

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
There is not a tune file you can buy from a reputable tuner these days that IS NOT locked from edit meaning regardless of what hardware you have you cannot edit the tune itself. That goes for just about every tuning company I've seen both in the US and in North America (Canada) as it protects their IP/income which I 10000% agree with.

If you want to write calibrations for your truck you must have a FlashScan V2 or V3. V2 devices are not sold any longer so used is your only option. New FlashScan V3 with single tuning license sell for $999 (GM or Cummins) and both for $1399.

We do sell new hardware if you're interested, both AutoCal V3 and FlashScan V3.

Reactions: 2004LB7

Woody35

Jan 4, 2013
I would buy a Flashscan V3 from Bdsankey and start tuning the truck yourself. Plenty of info out there from a number of different sites. Its very rewarding.

bostonlly

Dec 23, 2023
ma
update i got efi live today figured out all the license bs. about an hr later after saving my stock e60 and tcm grabbed and loaded a hot lly tune from the liabrary. so far my mods are egr delete re route larger hot side pipe 3 in down to 5 in out straight. i hlready see my frp is drastically dropping to like 10 with desired at 25kpsi. lift pump fix that or do i need a new fuel filter?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Lift pump will help, but some higher mileage CP3s cant keep up even with the help. You'll need a new transmission before that.

Reactions: Bdsankey

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
update i got efi live today figured out all the license bs. about an hr later after saving my stock e60 and tcm grabbed and loaded a hot lly tune from the liabrary. so far my mods are egr delete re route larger hot side pipe 3 in down to 5 in out straight. i hlready see my frp is drastically dropping to like 10 with desired at 25kpsi. lift pump fix that or do i need a new fuel filter?
Sounds like the fuel system is a bit weak overall then. Either high return rates, weak CP3, or a bit of both.

As others stated, a lift pump can help but it’s nothing more than a bandaid at that point.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I saw your other post about the tune. You going to smoke your trans with that tune. Probably smoke your engine too. Grabbing some tune without having a clue what your doing is a good way to screw things up.

bostonlly

Dec 23, 2023
ma
I appreciate the concern. I can tell that the tune is very aggressive. I’ve owned many tuned trucks even one ford. I’m not holding it to the wood everywhere I go. I’m not feeling any signs of “uncle” from the trans but of course I have only done 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd bursts. I’m not boosting over 22ish mainly because either my fpr is bleeding off the fuel filter is clogged or not having a lift pump and big enough lines for volume. Who knows, 🤷🏼‍♂️ all I know is I paid 3500 bucks for this CC I put a flatbed, did some bolt ons, learning EFI and I’m having fun. This is one of 7 or so vehicles I own. I plowed 14 hours with this tune and it behaved quite well. I bet it would tow nicely. My last dmax truck on a similar power tune would blow the tires off when trying to tow. As for blowing it up. I have 3 lifts at my shop. It’ll be ok

Reactions: Dozerboy