edge insight efi live

blkout

Aug 12, 2010
hey guys im new here i have an 02' lb7 with exhaust intake and efi live and a sc stage III, i just bought the edge insight hoping to use it to change tunes and not have to use a dsp5, but no one at edge can tell me how to do it like its a big secret, so if someone could help me out here and tell me how to do it i would really apreciate it also im not all that familiar with my efi software so it was step by step directions that would help alot. im excited to learn from you guys, id show yall my truck but i cant get pics to load

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Welcome to the site but. But I do not see how your going to get edge and Efil Live to work as one. The DSP5 switch is for Efi Live the edge is not going to be smart enough to control what Efi Live is doing.I think you might be able to use the Edge for the gauges.

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
The Edge Insite works pretty good with EFI Live. You have to mess with the tunes a bit, but I have done a couple and they work like a charm...

Nice that you don't have to install a switch any more with the LB7 and LLy engines...:D

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
It can only work because you could switch tunes with the v2 on the older trucks. It was built into the programming. I don't think efi live will ever work with the edge on the newer trucks because since they have a dsp capability now they have no reason to go back in and add that switchable tuning option with the v2 LBZ+ guys

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
the new edge will flip your efi tunes on lb7/lly.

You need to change the tune so it doesnt use "hardwire" in the efi dsp cal.

Then you can change your dsp tunes with the egde. (like a dsp switch)

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
The CS I believe will fit the older pods, the CTS is quite a bit larger. And yes it does work pretty good. still tinkering with mine..,:thumb:

dbh86

Volvo Defector
Dec 12, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Well, it won't work in the overhead mount that ATS sells/sold. The Attitude had to be unscrewed and reassembled with the mount in the middle, but I can't (easily) get the Insight apart to do the same thing. Other than that, its the same size and fits in there...

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
just did mine today :D for some reason youtube videos wont post?
so go here

Last edited:

blacked_out_lly

my truck hates me
May 22, 2010
new boston, il
thats pretty sweet how much does this cost for the lly and how hard is it to move the tunes over to the edge? will i have to buy a new vin license for the edge to use efilive?

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
thats pretty sweet how much does this cost for the lly and how hard is it to move the tunes over to the edge? will i have to buy a new vin license for the edge to use efilive?

you just load your tunes into your ecm like you usually would..but switch it to serial switching instead of hard wired. no loading tunes into the edge.

and thanks mike i could not get it!!

Last edited: