edge egt probe

Robocop

Oct 30, 2016
Lml has factory egts post turbo, pre cat, post cat and post dpf. No need for probes on the lml...
So wait if you have a CTS 2 and a LML you don't have to install a probe to get a EGT reading on the unit?

.....wow that's a lot of probes lol

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
Notice, no pre turbo.... still need a probe in manifold

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Notice, no pre turbo.... still need a probe in manifold

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Exactly. The factory lml probes are almost worthless for seeing what's really going on....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ron2145

May 6, 2016
Whitefish, MT
I went through and cleaned up all of my ground wires, then coated them with di-electric grease before bolting them back down. Also the last time they sent me a probe it had an extra wire, which was for a ground. You might ask them about that. It has only been 6 months but so far so good, I went through 3 in the first year. Fingers crossed.

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
I have had them both places and the higher the hp the bigger the difference between. Have seen over 500 degree difference.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I have a probe in each manifold and a dual reading gauge, the passenger side will be about 2-300 degrees ahead of the drivers when accelerating at 3/4 to 7/8 throttle then levels off at cruise...

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
I was going through a couple a year. And when I called and bitched enough the guy told me they had two manufacturers one American and one in China and that they had been having problems with the American manufacturer. He sent me one of the Chinese ones and I haven't had an issue since. I dont remember when it was but it's been a few years now.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The egt probe issue is the main reason I have not swapped my setup to it yet. I'd love to ditch all my gauges for it but I'm dealing with an unreliable egt probe. My auto meter has been going strong for 8 years

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
So wait if you have a CTS 2 and a LML you don't have to install a probe to get a EGT reading on the unit?

.....wow that's a lot of probes lol

Nope minus the part when I put my egt probe in that exact spot it read 150-175 degrees hotter then post turbo. Also lml don't have a port already tapped on manifolds from factory.

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
Mine was also read from a auto meter cobalt and also had the edge reading from post turbo an that's the little bit of difference I saw anyway.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I was going through a couple a year. And when I called and bitched enough the guy told me they had two manufacturers one American and one in China and that they had been having problems with the American manufacturer. He sent me one of the Chinese ones and I haven't had an issue since. I dont remember when it was but it's been a few years now.

Very interesting, I think the salesmen just say whatever they want to make you feel better, when I called last year the guy I talked to said the exact opposite. He said they were made in China and they were having quality control issues.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Well I co texted edge and they said they have completely redesigned their egt probes, they changed manufacturing on them and supposed are having good results now :confused: anyway because I've had so many fail they sent me one for free

bigdave_185

Jul 13, 2016
Ogden, Utah
Very interesting, I think the salesmen just say whatever they want to make you feel better, when I called last year the guy I talked to said the exact opposite. He said they were made in China and they were having quality control issues.

At the last point I called to get a replacement they told me no more, blamed it on my trucks grounding issues, I had been through ten plus probes the sales man said. I laughed and replied that maybe his company aight to build products to the manufactures requirements. Even the ground added to the probe didn't help my last probe, it lasted maybe four or five months.

I agree they have no idea what they are selling over there. I live close by the manufacturing house and can walk in and exchange stuff but it's not worth any of that if what they hand you is junk . My edge is simply read and clear codes on the fly and otherwise it's an eye sore till I find priority to get mechanical gauges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk