Ecm problems solved

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
I was going to post this in the other thread titled ecm fryed but i didnt incase anyone eles has problems. On a lly if u can not get any gauges on the insturment panel to work wiggle the blue wire connected to the ecm. When u get the truck to fire up and it lopes very very bad take the back side of your blue connecter apart and play with the wires and pins in there That was are problem. We got everything fixed now its time to drive it correct. Take it for a spin everything is going good then bam ideals like shit and starts to lope a little. Cyclender and injector number 4 mis fireing. There again play with the blue connecter. If u have any other questions just ask

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
Also anyone that is wiring a dsp2 or 5 switch here are the instrutions. This is for lly vehicles only i dont no how a lb7 is. The ecm is labeled J1 J2 and J3 u want to be on j3 the very bottom connecter. do your pins i beilve its black into pin # 32 and red into pin # 50 i have always thought it was the middle connecter

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
kurt

FYI the instructions are in EFI - help menu - tutorials - dsp upgrade
when you open any tune or the scan tool

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
Simon i looked at the fIy if it would say J3 i would had knew right where it went right off the bat. Thats why i am telling everyone the ecm on a lly is labled J1- J3 u want to be on J3 connecter. Do not play with J1 to much or u will have a bunch of problems. I just hope all mine are solved

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I was going to post this in the other thread titled ecm fryed but i didnt incase anyone eles has problems. On a lly if u can not get any gauges on the insturment panel to work wiggle the blue wire connected to the ecm. When u get the truck to fire up and it lopes very very bad take the back side of your blue connecter apart and play with the wires and pins in there That was are problem. We got everything fixed now its time to drive it correct. Take it for a spin everything is going good then bam ideals like shit and starts to lope a little. Cyclender and injector number 4 mis fireing. There again play with the blue connecter. If u have any other questions just ask

Kurt, you need to fix this issue of wiggling wires to correct the problem, what happens when you hit a bump at 70 mph and your truck turns off because of a loose wire wiggling? This can be a potential dangerous situation, so get in there and secure those wires........;)