Early LB7's/Headgaskets?

blownaway

Shopping for a CCLB
Dec 31, 2008
Olympia, Wa
Is there really any difference in the 01 LB7's? I have heard to stay away from the 01's but could not find much info on here to support that. I think the headgaskets were different but don't know what trucks to stay away from for sure. I know about LB7 injectors....

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i cant say about the later years but my 01 has been a great truck and i've beat the hell out of it , i have hit 45 psi boost without headgasket problems yet knock on wood :D maybe other will chime in on later years and if gaskets were redesigned .

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Head gaskets are the same on all years now Gm has changed them over the years but a,d,or c grade works on all years.injectors is the big thing on the older trucks.

blownaway

Shopping for a CCLB
Dec 31, 2008
Olympia, Wa
Thanks guys, It is great to get the unbiased info straight from here.

If you didn't read one of my first posts I was a Cummins guy:villagers:
I got rid of the truck 3 years ago for the Liberty and now I am dying to get back into a diesel truck. My wife and I really like the Chevy/GMC trucks and She especially loves how quite the Duramax is. Her quote was " You did the dodge thing already, lets get a Duramax" :hug: She always hated the Dodges but I wanted the Cummins.....

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
01 with original gaskets where suppose to be notorious for killing gaskets:(

GM apperently changed after 2002

01 still kick the crap outa everything else though:D

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
any 01 is like that, theres some later models that have no egr on them either, but they are federal emmisions dmaxes. i forget which year where you can only find them with egr and cats

Last edited: