EFILive Duramaxtuner vs Ridge Runner

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Right now I have efi live from Duramaxtuner. I was thinking of cutting my losses and going over to Tony to get some moonshine after Evan builds my trans.

Not knocking duramaxtuner, I'm happy with my tunes. Just hard to resist having someone in my backyard.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I don't remember what made me choose them. Doesn't make too much of a difference on a stock trans anyway.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Bet some of you were waiting for this lol. Pretty funny this came up. I had duramax tuner loved the tunes no lie. They were max effort built trans tunes on my 01 lb7. I installed a s475 and tried to get it updated. They sent me updated tunes truck had zero power. Sent it back to get the maf redone. Week and a half and no form of customer service later. My ecm wasn't updated due to a man out on vacation. Maybe not a big deal but I was told for 4 days tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow finally oh well a guys out on vacation we can't do it this week. I finally told them today send it back stock with a refund. And I am switching to Tony's tunes. Like I said tunes I had I liked, customer service just fell apart

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I looked at the list of top tuners and picked the one closest to me in miles. If the need arise having your tuner close is a huge plus especially if you decide to have your truck dyno tuned.

I had my mind set on Kory but rob is so much closer and just as good IMO.

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
I'm have Tony and Zachary Fuller's @ Starlite...

Don't think you can go wrong with Moonshine, Starlite, PPEI, or Danville.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
i did alot of research and talked to alot of tuners. Kory, ridgerunner and Zach are awesome tuners. Have road in many trucks with duramaxtuner tunes, idahorob tunes and longhorn tunes....not very impressed.

redws6rocket

Apr 22, 2007
Odessa, MO
My vote is always danville! Mark flat out is a hell of a guy, if I want something changed I email him, usually next day I have an updated tune I am fixed up! That is how there entire shop is run, if you call the phone rings three times max and someone is there to say hello and help you! Now there are times Mark is gone, the man has a family and you can't blame him for taking some time off!

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
+1 for Danville. Mark is very good with everything he does, and I am a firm believer in getting tunes from the guy that makes the parts too :thumb:

If it wasn't for location, my other choice would be Tony @ RidgeRunner

brandon06dmax

the reckoning
Apr 29, 2013
jactionville nc
I had tony's tuning loved it on a stock built trans tune but i drove a lly that dustin at diesel addiction tuned and can say it was one of the best tuned trucks i ever drove just very responsive and a blast to drive not knocking any tuner but diesel addiction has my vote every time

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
With tools that Mark now has(engine and chassis dyno ) and his customer base who are willing to spend $, I would imagine hes one of the best options. Hes forgotten more than most of will ever learn.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
My vote is always danville! Mark flat out is a hell of a guy, if I want something changed I email him, usually next day I have an updated tune I am fixed up! That is how there entire shop is run, if you call the phone rings three times max and someone is there to say hello and help you! Now there are times Mark is gone, the man has a family and you can't blame him for taking some time off!

x2 their customer service is unmatched and their performance quality over the years speaks for itself. Having your tuner close is a very nice bonus however the guys at Danville wont stop until you are happy. Not to mention the experience you get when you make the drive to visit them, is plenty worth the money and time spent on fuel.

ltr450ryder

Jul 12, 2012
racine WI
I have marks tunes also I love them. And like others said customer service is amazing. I'll call him and tell what I want and bam that day or the next day I have the tunes. Man does wonders!

shotgunbob

Jun 30, 2010
Bet some of you were waiting for this lol. Pretty funny this came up. I had duramax tuner loved the tunes no lie. They were max effort built trans tunes on my 01 lb7. I installed a s475 and tried to get it updated. They sent me updated tunes truck had zero power. Sent it back to get the maf redone. Week and a half and no form of customer service later. My ecm wasn't updated due to a man out on vacation. Maybe not a big deal but I was told for 4 days tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow finally oh well a guys out on vacation we can't do it this week. I finally told them today send it back stock with a refund. And I am switching to Tony's tunes. Like I said tunes I had I liked, customer service just fell apart

Im very sorry this happened. We do try as hard as we can to make sure we have a one day turn around time because I know as much as the next guy you dont want your truck down! If there is anything I can do to help remedy this unfortunate negative experience you had with our customer service please let me know. -Bob

In addition the top tuners in the industry all have gotten there by providing quality tunes and support! Every individual has different needs and expectations out of their vehicle and that will directly affect how they choose their tuner. Im sorry there are some people that havent been 100% satisfied with the service we have provided in the past. Thanks Again

Last edited by a moderator: