LBZ: duramaxtuner no longer sells private label access, any other tuners offer similar?

rennat_2006

Feb 18, 2010
Pasco, Wa
I went on his website to purchase it finally, been waiting for the funding for the last year but i guess ya snooze ya lose. I couldnt find it anywhere so i sent them an email and got the bad news. I didnt ask why they stopped but i am curious.

Any other tuners out there have a similar library type deal for the lbz trucks?:confused:

llybyppe

May 11, 2009
X5. Figured if everyone is giving me a hard time might as well hop on the band wagon:hug:

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
He probably figured out that he was getting screwed..........so he shut it down.

Most tuners have gone to permission restricted files to keep unauthorized copies from being sent around.

I can offer you emailed tunes but they will be restricted

I'm pretty certain quite a few shops made a good living selling tunes from that library.

LReiff

bad ground
Oct 2, 2010
I don't know of any good tuner currently sending out unsecured tunes. The only tunes I send out unsecured are fuel ecenomy tunes. :roflmao:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Nothing about dishonesty in diesel performance surprises me anymore. Whatever happened to integrity and honesty in people?

Last edited:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Im new to all this and trying to figure out whats happening..So basically someone that has live tunes can make a library and sell there tunes to others?

Nick, aka Duramaxtuner, used to offer a tune library, you paid a subscription, you could access his tunes and use them, problem is at the time he was doing it there was no way to secure the tune file from copying, sharing, unauthorized selling, etc so anyone dishonest could take his work and resell it without his authorization..

I tried to warn him it was a bad idea when he first started doing it but he didn't listen.......so I am sure he found himself losing a lot of $$$$ because as The BAC stated there are a lot of dishonest people in the tuning industry who will steal tunes if they can.

To protect what I worked hard on I always locked my tunes but many didn't for their own reasons.

Think of Napster with record companies losing money from copied song tracks and shared songs and substitute it for tuning.

:roflmao:

Now almost every professional tuner locks all files and tags them as the original author, so if someone tries to sell a permission restricted file is shows up in the file properties as an original tune from a shop/tuner.